→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJ
Engaged Sweeper II
Our SNMP scanning through LanSweeper hasn't been working for a while, last successful scan was in January of this year. I suspect that it is related to an update performed to lansweeper at the time but I am not entirely sure. I have recreated the SNMP community string in Lansweeper and reassigned the credentials to scan the IP ranges of the switches, but I am not getting any updated information.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
There are currently no known issues with general SNMP scanning in Lansweeper. From the information I currently have available I can recommend the following:
  • Update your Lansweeper installation to the latest version by following this article.
  • Go to the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions folder on your Lansweeper server and run devicetester.exe towards one of the devices you're trying to scan via SNMP, using your SNMP scanning credentials. The output of the tester may be able to tell you more.

If you require further assistance with this issue please send in an email to support@lansweeper.com containing the following files and information:
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt as found on your Lansweeper server.
  • Screenshots of the asset page of one of the assets for which the SNMP scan is failing, showing the Summary and Errors tab if it exists
  • Screenshots of a devicetester.exe output for the same device, using your scanning credentials. Make sure to run the tester directly from your Lansweeper server.
  • A quick summation of the issue or a link to this forum post.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DJ
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you for the direction. Did not know that LanSweeper had the device tester. That was able to point in the right direction.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
There are currently no known issues with general SNMP scanning in Lansweeper. From the information I currently have available I can recommend the following:
  • Update your Lansweeper installation to the latest version by following this article.
  • Go to the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions folder on your Lansweeper server and run devicetester.exe towards one of the devices you're trying to scan via SNMP, using your SNMP scanning credentials. The output of the tester may be able to tell you more.

If you require further assistance with this issue please send in an email to support@lansweeper.com containing the following files and information:
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt as found on your Lansweeper server.
  • Screenshots of the asset page of one of the assets for which the SNMP scan is failing, showing the Summary and Errors tab if it exists
  • Screenshots of a devicetester.exe output for the same device, using your scanning credentials. Make sure to run the tester directly from your Lansweeper server.
  • A quick summation of the issue or a link to this forum post.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now