cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brent_bowen
Engaged Sweeper
We have a variety of servers with a variety of different drives installed on them. While Lansweeper does give some information on the physical drives in a server, there were particular details I was hoping to find. Either the Model Number or Part Number would be ideal, so I could get a broad idea of what types of spare drives I need to keep in stock. Is there a way to get this information? It seems like it is trying, yet is pulling slightly incorrect information. For instance, in the model of many of the servers that use RAID, Lansweeper displays a model of: DELL PERC H710P SCSI Disk Device
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper scans the hard drive model as it is stored in WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) on the client machine itself and displays it in the Config\Disk\Diskdrive section of individual computer webpages. If WMI is returning incorrect information, there is not much we can do about this unfortunately.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper scans the hard drive model as it is stored in WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) on the client machine itself and displays it in the Config\Disk\Diskdrive section of individual computer webpages. If WMI is returning incorrect information, there is not much we can do about this unfortunately.
stiwa
Champion Sweeper
You can use "Dell OpenManage Systems Management Software" to see which drives are installed, but this is a per server task then.