cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LinHD
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello.
I am trying to move all of our IT asset management in Lansweeper.
Network connected devices can be scanned and are not a problem, but some devices cannot be scanned because they are not connected to the network or for security reasons.
For example, we have several local printers. I know that it is not possible to obtain information about model and serial number with a scan, so I plan to add them manually.
Is there a way to "link" the discovered printer with the manually added asset?

Also, is there a "best practice" ore even some suggestion based on experience about how to handle these kind of assets?

Thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: Lansweeper automatically scans installed (local and network) printers on Windows computers. This information is listed in the Config\Devices\Printer section of individual computer webpages and stored in the tblPrinters database table.

If you would like to manually create printer assets instead, you can hover over the Assets link at the top of the web console and hit New Asset. Alternatively, import printer assets from a .csv file as explained here. You can link the printer assets to your computers by following these instructions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LinHD
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you very much.
Local printers are always a tricky matter.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
No, it is not currently possible to link your manually created assets directly to the local printer data, unfortunately. I've added this feature to our customer wish list, but cannot give a release date for it at this time.
LinHD
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you Susan.
I know about the printer listed in the Config\Devices\Printer section.
My problem is that for us USB (or local) printers are assets, so I created the asset as you described.
As a result I have a "printer asset", linked to the computer asset, and the items in the Config\Devices\Printer section and no way to put them in relation, as far as I have seen.

Regards
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: Lansweeper automatically scans installed (local and network) printers on Windows computers. This information is listed in the Config\Devices\Printer section of individual computer webpages and stored in the tblPrinters database table.

If you would like to manually create printer assets instead, you can hover over the Assets link at the top of the web console and hit New Asset. Alternatively, import printer assets from a .csv file as explained here. You can link the printer assets to your computers by following these instructions.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now