cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gotafe
Engaged Sweeper II
I have setup IP range locations for our different printers in different locations and it has only located a couple printers from some locations. I have setup the credentials from the information located on the Lansweeper site. I ran the manual scan of one of the locations that isn't showing and i can see under the scanning queue section them appear but then they just drop off and not register within Lansweeper. They aren't setup any different to the rest just fro some reason they wont appear.

Can someone give me a basic step by step instruction as to how to setup printers within Lansweeper and I'll reference off this to what i have done. I cant find where I'm going wrong.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The issue here likely is that your printers that aren't generating assets don't have any protocols open for your Lansweeper server to retrieve information from. Lansweeper by default will not generate an asset if all it can do is ping an asset. For more information on network device scanning requirements you can check this article. With this in mind we recommend the following:
  • Make sure a valid SNMP credential is added under Scanning\Scanning Credentials and that it is mapped to the IP range that includes your printers.
  • Go to Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server and run devicetester.exe. Run this tool from your Lansweeper server to one of the printers in question, use the SNMP credential you have set up for scanning under Scanning\Scanning Credentials.
  • If your devicetester shows no protocols being open, make sure your firewall isn't blocking SNMP traffic and that your printer has SNMP enabled, you can consult your printers manual for this. In this article you can find a list of ports used by Lansweeper.
  • If no protocol can be enabled for your printers, but you still want an asset to be generated for their IP you can enable Save Pinged IP in the options of the IP Range scanning target that includes the printer under Scanning\Scanning Targets

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
yayitazale
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks!
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The issue here likely is that your printers that aren't generating assets don't have any protocols open for your Lansweeper server to retrieve information from. Lansweeper by default will not generate an asset if all it can do is ping an asset. For more information on network device scanning requirements you can check this article. With this in mind we recommend the following:
  • Make sure a valid SNMP credential is added under Scanning\Scanning Credentials and that it is mapped to the IP range that includes your printers.
  • Go to Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server and run devicetester.exe. Run this tool from your Lansweeper server to one of the printers in question, use the SNMP credential you have set up for scanning under Scanning\Scanning Credentials.
  • If your devicetester shows no protocols being open, make sure your firewall isn't blocking SNMP traffic and that your printer has SNMP enabled, you can consult your printers manual for this. In this article you can find a list of ports used by Lansweeper.
  • If no protocol can be enabled for your printers, but you still want an asset to be generated for their IP you can enable Save Pinged IP in the options of the IP Range scanning target that includes the printer under Scanning\Scanning Targets
yayitazale
Engaged Sweeper III
Same for me with some FTP servers. I can do a ping and it is scanning the asset if I added manually, but is not adding it automatically.

Is just happening for this kind os assets for me.