cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ramezi
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I am trying to deploy in Lansweeper and INSTALLER package for ClearPass MSI or ClearPass EXE installer, unfortunetly im running into some issues and I am unable to pass the Licensing Agreement to this software.

Any Idea on the scripting portion....
As for my scripting I am using Installer

Here is what I have so far...wusa.exe "\\Lansweeper\C$\Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\PackageShare\Installers\ClearPassOnGuardInstall.msi" /qn /v

I have also tired...

"{PackageShare}\Installers\Clear Pass\ClearPassOnGuardInstall.exe"/q /passive /norestart

Error Logs in Lansweeper:
Result: Package timeout reached. Stopping deployment executable: Successful. Timeout: (420sec). Credential: (hctra\lansweeper). ShareCredential: (hctra\lansweeper).

So Im woundering if its unable to pass the Licensing Agreement phase... eventually timing out...

Any direction would be great appreciated....

Thank You,
9 REPLIES 9
Ramezi
Engaged Sweeper
I have gotten this issue resolved, thank you ALL.
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Email sent.
Ramezi
Engaged Sweeper

Hey CyberCitizen,

Im not too familiar with MST(Transform File), or InstEd, please when you are able to send me your email, and I will provide you with my contact information...if you not too busy to help me on this matter...

I would DEFINITELY APPRECIATE IT...

Here is my email address Ramezi@yahoo.com
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Hey,

Sorry I don't have the MSI to test, however most of the MSI's acceptance agreements can be bypassed using a MST (Transform File) when installing from an MSI.

I normally use InstEd which is great for viewing MSI's and creating a transform file, you can then reference the msi and transform file when installing.

Useful for setting install location, desktop shortcuts etc.

If you need more assistance let me know. I may need a link to the MSI.
Ramezi
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you Charles,

I will keep looking for answers...

If there is anyone else out there open to ideas... please comment below..

THANK YOU,
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
You could try using the /quiet parameter. If it still gets stuck on the license agreement then I'm unfortunately out of ideas. You could contact ClearPass to ask what install commands are supported for a silent install.
Ramezi
Engaged Sweeper
Thank Charles for you direction,
I was able to reach the installer from the local computer and have push KB and install to this computer in the past week, so it seems to be responding to Lansweeper.... Referencing to what was early mentioned there is a Licensing Agreement I am unable to pass using my script..

I am open to IDEAs... thank you,

wusa.exe "\\#######\C$\Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\PackageShare\Installers\ClearPassOnGuardInstall.msi" /qn /v

AND

"{PackageShare}\Installers\Clear Pass\ClearPassOnGuardInstall.exe"/q /passive /norestart
Ramezi
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you for the quick Response Charles... let me try that... i will get back to you within a few mins...
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Have you tried looking for deployment instructions from the publisher itself?

It might be the license agreement or maybe just a connected error to the asset itself. Have you deployed other packages successfully to this asset?

You can do a connection test with testconnection.exe, which can be found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server. Perform the test from your Lansweeper server to the client machine, submit the same credential used by Lansweeper to scan the client.

Additionally I would recommend testing your deployment package steps. For testing the commands:
  • Copy the Result command of the failed deployment package.
  • Use the exact path defined under Deployment\Security options.
  • Paste the command into the command prompt of a machine where the deployment failed.
  • This should help you identify the cause of the issue. Only when the command works in Command Prompt will it work in Lansweeper as well.
If a step works in the Command Prompt, it should work in the deployment package.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now