cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
Where does LS pull this from? We are looking at this for one of our computers and it has the last user as about 2 weeks ago, and we are sure there has been others since.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Each time Lansweeper scans a computer, it makes an entry in tblCPlogoninfo if any user is currently logged on to the computer. This table is being cleaned up according to your settings under Configuration\Server options, section History Cleanup Options (Delete logon information after X days).
If a user was logged on at a time when the computer wasn't scanned, Lansweeper won't get to know it. If you would like to collect precise logon information, you need to configure LsPush scans in logon scripts.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
marck1024
Engaged Sweeper III
I know the thread is old, but it seemed the most applicable result when I tried to figure out why some of our computers are showing the wrong user. Another inventory application we had would get the last user out of the registry. Perhaps LS could do that if there isn't anyone on at the time of the scan.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI

LastLoggedOnSAMUser
or
LastLoggedOnUser
or
LastLoggedOnUserSID
NetMage
Engaged Sweeper II
I agree, the name of the field is completely misleading. Might as well call it Last Popcorn time as it has no relationship to logon.

Perhaps a rename to say Last User Scan Time or something else would be helpful?
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
NetMage wrote:
I agree, the name of the field is completely misleading. Might as well call it Last Popcorn time as it has no relationship to logon.

Perhaps a rename to say Last User Scan Time or something else would be helpful?

I've added this to the wish list, but don't know if/when this will be implemented, unfortunately.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The knowledge base does caution that logon time values reflect when Lansweeper scanned the computer and detected the users. To have scanned logon values accurately reflect actual logon times, you can always use a combination of Active Scanning, Workgroup Scanning and/or LsPush in a logon script. That way, scans will take place when users log in.
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
Yes, you said that before.

I was just commenting, that "last logon" is misleading if that's how it it works. It's not the last logon from the last scan. It's the last user who happened to be logged in during the time someone was logged in during a scan.

That's not the "last logon".
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Under tab Config\User info\Last logon you only will have an entry if during a scan a user was logged on. If the asset was scanned with no user logged on, there will be no entry in this table.
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
So LS only gets the current logged on user when it scans a computer? The field "Last User" then is misleading, to me, that's the last person to log into that computer (based on the last scan of coarse).

So if no one is logged in and I run a scan, it would put the last logged in user in that, not the current user from the last scan.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Each time Lansweeper scans a computer, it makes an entry in tblCPlogoninfo if any user is currently logged on to the computer. This table is being cleaned up according to your settings under Configuration\Server options, section History Cleanup Options (Delete logon information after X days).
If a user was logged on at a time when the computer wasn't scanned, Lansweeper won't get to know it. If you would like to collect precise logon information, you need to configure LsPush scans in logon scripts.