cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laurin1
Engaged Sweeper III
Errors found while scanning:

Could not connect to SSH with credentials WAP Admin (admin), Global (root)

I've tested the SSH credentials manually (WAP Admin (admin)) and they work fine, but do not work in Lansweeper.

Netgear WNDAP350

Not sure why, any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
SSH scanning is currently only supported for *nix based systems like Linux, Unix and Mac. Other network devices need to have another protocol enabled in order to be scanned, preferably SNMP. I would recommend:
  • Checking your WAP's documentation for information on enabling and configuring SNMP.
  • Testing access to SNMP and other protocols by following the instructions in this knowledge base article.
  • Once access to a non-SSH protocol on the WAP is working, scanning the device by following the instructions in this article. You may need to tick No SSH for the device's IP range under Configuration\Scanning Methods to prevent Lansweeper from querying SSH.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
SSH scanning is currently only supported for *nix based systems like Linux, Unix and Mac. Other network devices need to have another protocol enabled in order to be scanned, preferably SNMP. I would recommend:
  • Checking your WAP's documentation for information on enabling and configuring SNMP.
  • Testing access to SNMP and other protocols by following the instructions in this knowledge base article.
  • Once access to a non-SSH protocol on the WAP is working, scanning the device by following the instructions in this article. You may need to tick No SSH for the device's IP range under Configuration\Scanning Methods to prevent Lansweeper from querying SSH.