→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EricN
Engaged Sweeper
I have converted three systems to Windows 10 Pro. One system was a fresh install and the other two were upgrades (in place) from Windows 7 Pro. Lansweeper correctly inventories the one system which was a Windows 10 fresh install; but does NOT identify (any) Windows version for the two systems that were upgraded to Windows 10. Is this a known problem? Is there a fix or circumvention?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kanek
Engaged Sweeper II
Having said that I just found this,

Susan.A wrote:
We haven't added support for the latest Windows 10 release yet, which can cause issues in a number of reports and widgets. See this forum thread for more information and a manual fix.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I would recommend checking out the forum thread in kanek's post, which explains what is causing this issue and how you can manually fix it. A fix is already built into the 6.0 beta release of Lansweeper I believe, but not in the 5.3 production release yet.
kanek
Engaged Sweeper II
Having said that I just found this,

Susan.A wrote:
We haven't added support for the latest Windows 10 release yet, which can cause issues in a number of reports and widgets. See this forum thread for more information and a manual fix.
kanek
Engaged Sweeper II
What about deleting the asset and adding it back in, is that an option?

I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 enterprise and 8.1 to 10 pro and have had no issues with the new Beta 6007 or6009 detecting the OS correctly.

Could be something is added to detect the new OS.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now