cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
Trying to set it up (if there was a default action I might have deleted it?) You need the MAC but you cannot do {MAC} in the setup. Thoughts?
8 REPLIES 8
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
I looked up the default port for WOL and it's 9, lansweeper was set to 7. I changed it to 9 and it still doesn't turn on the desktop.
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
This would have been same subnet traffic. Also, like I said, that EXE in the lansweeper folder works and turns it on but the action in the upper left doesn't.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
To use wake on lan you must configure the port used in Configuration\Asset Pages in the 'Wake on Lan' section. Also note that the wake on lan feature does not currently work over different subnets. Wake on lan uses IP broadcasts to send messages, by default these packets will not leave the subnet. To send the wake on lan action to a different subnet you have 3 options:
  • Configure your routers to allow directed broadcasts.
  • Install a separate scanning server on each subnet. (This requires a license that allows more than 1 scanning server)
  • Use VLANs to connect your scanning server part directly to each subnet
Maybe a bit obvious, but the assets need to have WOL enabled.
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
I was just playing with this. When I use the WOL.exe in the lansweeper folder it works and wakes a desktop.

When I use that option toward the top it does not. Thoughts?
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
HA! Thanks Professor! I didn't even see it up there.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I'm assuming you mean Wake on Lan. It should still be there, however it is not classified as an asset action but an asset option at the top of the left-hand pane.

WOL
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
Cool thanks!

Do I get $1,000 for finding a "bug" HAHA
ghelpdesk
Champion Sweeper
It doesn't seem to list it in the version we have 6.0.100.29 but {mac} does indeed output the mac in the asset action string.