cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eac
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi,

I have some Wyse C30LE devices in my network and it's a little issue with their detection.
The "Model" is set to LPT1 instead of C30LE or something...
And the "Asset Type" maybe wouldn't be so odd to be detected as a thin client as long as these days is a common asset in our networks.
Is not such a big effort for me to add an asset type and to edit each of them to set asset type and model, don't get me wrong.
But I have to deploy 50pcs this month and around 200 to the end of the year so yes, would be nice to be detected automatically.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The problem with thin clients is that they do not expose enough information about themselves to identify them correctly. As you can see in the devicetester, this device is claiming to be a Windows PC.

You can change the assettype and model of multiple assets by executing SQL scripts on your database. You can do this by connecting directly to your database, or you can execute queries by going to Configuration -> Database Scripts on your Lansweeper page.

An example script:
UPDATE tblassets
SET Assettype = (SELECT assettype FROM tsysAssetTypes WHERE AssetTypename like '%thin%'),
AssetTypeLock = 1
WHERE (SELECT model FROM tblAssetCustom c WHERE c.AssetID = tblassets.AssetID) = 'LPT1'

UPDATE tblAssetCustom
SET Model = 'C30LE',
ModelLock = 1
WHERE Model = 'LPT1'

The first script will change all assets with model LPT1 to assettype thin client. The second one will set the model to C30LE.

Note that if you do not set the locks (AssetTypeLock and ModelLock) to 1, Lansweeper will overwrite these changes in the next scan.

If you need more help running SQL scripts you can contact us at support@lansweeper.com (please include a link to this forum thread).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The problem with thin clients is that they do not expose enough information about themselves to identify them correctly. As you can see in the devicetester, this device is claiming to be a Windows PC.

You can change the assettype and model of multiple assets by executing SQL scripts on your database. You can do this by connecting directly to your database, or you can execute queries by going to Configuration -> Database Scripts on your Lansweeper page.

An example script:
UPDATE tblassets
SET Assettype = (SELECT assettype FROM tsysAssetTypes WHERE AssetTypename like '%thin%'),
AssetTypeLock = 1
WHERE (SELECT model FROM tblAssetCustom c WHERE c.AssetID = tblassets.AssetID) = 'LPT1'

UPDATE tblAssetCustom
SET Model = 'C30LE',
ModelLock = 1
WHERE Model = 'LPT1'

The first script will change all assets with model LPT1 to assettype thin client. The second one will set the model to C30LE.

Note that if you do not set the locks (AssetTypeLock and ModelLock) to 1, Lansweeper will overwrite these changes in the next scan.

If you need more help running SQL scripts you can contact us at support@lansweeper.com (please include a link to this forum thread).

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now