cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cobra7
Champion Sweeper
We are likely to go with a program called InstallFree for Application Virtualization. A few features we could really use would be to scan the local users Add/Remove programs with the ability to turn this on and off.

This will also be helpfull to get programs like Google Chrome so we can track those as well.

Also the ability to put in a delay in scan time. For example PC logs in, adds it self to the server que and the server waits X seconds/minutes before starting the scan.This is something I thought about a couple times. Sometimes when a PC is first turned on it will not scan correctly (rare, but it happens). This will also let other login scrips do their stuff before LS kicks off.

This is slightly above "wishlist" but a full on feature request as we use Lansweeper on a daily basis for software tracking.

Any chance on getting this in for the next patch?
4 REPLIES 4
Cobra7
Champion Sweeper
The timer seems to be working great, thanks.

Any chance on the local user Add/Remove programs?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I suggest the following.

In your script run a new vbs script asynchronous in the background.

In this script you will have

1) wait x minutes
2) run lsclient.

This will be unnoticeable to the user
Cobra7
Champion Sweeper
Yes we do use lsclient, the SE's are afraid of what may be involved with Active Scanning and don't want to try it since LSclient works and I got tired of asking for it.

As far as firewall we have all of them turned off. However every so often I look over the RPC error report, kick off lstrigger and the PC's scan just fine. They will show up one day and not the next. Again, this doesn't happen very often so it's not a concern to me. The reason I am asking is that it seems like a simple feature and with InstallFree the programs don't show up until they are downloaded (with the Offline setting) so putting some time between the LS client and the scanning would help us out.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Cobra7 wrote:

Also the ability to put in a delay in scan time. For example PC logs in, adds it self to the server que and the server waits X seconds/minutes before starting the scan.This is something I thought about a couple times. Sometimes when a PC is first turned on it will not scan correctly (rare, but it happens). This will also let other login scrips do their stuff before LS kicks off.

Do you get this behaviour with lsclient?
I yes you can move lsclient to the end of your login procedure. (and turn the firewall off by script before running it)

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now