cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gotafe
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi,

Just wondering is there a way where I can change what gets shown on the Location Map after I add an Asset to it? By default we get the Windows Icon and a number (not exactly sure what this number is representing). I'm wondering if we can change this to just a simple Red/Green radio button that indicates whether the Asset it turned on/off, pingable/not pingable but still being able to get the hover information?

Why I'm asking this is that I have several PC's in a lab at one of our campuses and the image of the lab gets cluttered quickly. A smaller radio button would make this a lot easier to see what's online/offline.

I have attached an image but I have only inputted 4 assets out of 19 before I noticed this might be a problem.

3 REPLIES 3
SouthySuper
Engaged Sweeper III
I'm on the latest version of lansweeper so my experience may be different, but my lansweeper pulls user photos from AD and shows the last user logged on with no customization on my part.
jeremy_lo
Engaged Sweeper
I've this question too. Is there any way to change the shape of the asset label in the location image? I need to create a new location which use the image of a server rack.
By using the default shape of asset label. The pointer always point downward. But I need the pointer point to left and right.
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
There isn't an option to select what is shown on a location map. This might change in the future, but for now there aren't any immediate plans to make changes to this asset type's page. Currently you'll see the assets dropped on the map, underneath that the user last logged on to that asset (the image is a representation of the displayname if the user does not have an image), and underneath that users who are linked to the asset with the 'Uses' relation.

If there are too many assets to be places on one small spot then it might be better to either upload a bigger image, or create a new location containing the assets for that spot and drop that new location on the old spot. The latter should give a decent overview of your main location without cluttering the page, and you'll be able to check which asset are in a (child)location by hovering over its name.