cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bret_miller
Engaged Sweeper III
One thing that always frustrates me about Lansweeper is that I have to do a custom report if I want to see all the computers with a particular software product if there are multiple versions. For example, I can see the computers that have Adobe Acrobat 9 or Adobe Acrobat X, but I can't all the computers that have Adobe Acrobat regardless of which version is installed.

There are a couple ways I think this could be done easily--

1. When I search for Adobe Acrobat, I get a list back of every possible version. You could add one at the end that says "Show all" which would then list the computers that had any of that list of products installed along with which version installed. This works for most products. Crystal reports is another example.

2. A little less user-friendly way would be to add software grouping where we could create a software group called "Adobe Acrobat" that listed the products to be included in that group. That would be helpful when a product name changes. We have a case like this right now where Logos changed the name of the software product from Libronics Library to Logos Bible Software. The problem with this approach is that it doesn't "auto-update" so when new versions come out, you have to remember to go back and add them.

Anyway, one or both of those features would be on my wish list for future versions...
1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This is not currently on our to do list, but we may consider it. We see value in the ability to group software for other reasons as well. Some programs include separate components for instance that cannot currently be grouped under the same software package.

We have no specific plans to implement software grouping though.