cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rrussell
Engaged Sweeper II
Good Afternoon Team,

I was recommended your product by a co-worker. After giving lansweeper a good test we're convinced it'll do what we need, more so with the deployment options.

We're trying out the deployment tools but finding that unless we specify the computer's IP in the FQDN field, the deployment will fail. Unfortunately, we don't have a dynamic dns inside the network nor an AD so we have to depend on the workgroup options (It's a mess, my task is to clean this up and implement an ad infrastructure, but due to the site setup, this is going to take some time).

Is there a way to only use IP's? Have I missed an option?

Thankyou in advance,
Rod.
3 REPLIES 3
KateZilla
Engaged Sweeper II
I am in the exact same boat. No DC, relying on workgroups and tasked to implement a domain. However, I need to deplpy software now and cannot via IP.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper will connect to the computer name, not the IP, when performing a deployment. Successful DNS resolution is therefore a requirement for a successful deployment. Development indicates that they are working on an IP based deployment option, but do not currently have a release date for this.
rrussell
Engaged Sweeper II
I've now setup a schedule to deploy software after a scan, and have then run "lsclient /scanonip" to scan the client which works, then it initiates the deployment but goes back to the hostname. Any advice?