→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
I would love to be able to create dynamic groups based on a custom file that I am scanning for.
3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
It depends on what you are trying to list of course, but many reports can be created simply by dragging tables into the editor and ticking fields. Most tables automatically link to tblAssets and filtering can be done from within the report results, without SQL knowledge. The custom file report you're after can be written like this in just a few seconds. Manual editing of the SQL query is hardly ever required.
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
Except you need to be an SQL expert to write a report, which most people are not. The average IT person cannot write an SQL script.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I've added this to the wish list, but development is reluctant to add more fields to dynamic groups to be honest. The dynamic group feature is meant to be a simplified version of the report builder found under Reports\Create New Report. If we add too many fields and/or options, the dynamic group feature would defeat its purpose. For any field not available under dynamic groups, you can build a custom SQL report instead.