cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taeratrin
Champion Sweeper
Earlier, I received a request for a report on a certain employee's printing habits. We utilize a print server, and after confirming that the print events were in the eventlog, I started looking for a way to create a report out of Lansweeper. I discovered that Lansweeper is not pulling in the complete log, however. Could you add successful Print events to what LS brings in? They are recorded under the System file with the event code 10.

Barring that, could you make it to where we could further customize which events are brought in?
4 REPLIES 4
TayborJudd
Engaged Sweeper
It would be nice to have some choice of the Types of Event-logs that are recorded. Currently only Warnings and Errors are recorded but how about a ability to take any message with a particular EventID? so if you know that Event ID 10 (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc773863(WS.10).aspx) is a successful print job then you can request that those be recorded also so you can later run reports on it. or any EventID really.

Just my opinion. This could work for so many different areas and would make it customizable.

We also need the ability on the Eventlog Summary page to filter so you only see the logs for the last 24 hours or 48 hours or 72 hours, etc. So I can see what errors are recent errors not just what error I have had most often.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Additions for next version haven't been decided yet.
Next update will be mainly bug fixes
taeratrin
Champion Sweeper
OK, so the answer to my request is...?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Currently only warnings and errors are recorded.