cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
masterzeb
Engaged Sweeper
I need to be able to group Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard and Adobe Acrobat 8.1 Standard as the same software for license.

When will this be possible?

This is the only thing missing from a otherwise great product.

6 REPLIES 6
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please try version 4.0 beta, this version has this feature.
mjoxp
Engaged Sweeper
Hi taeratrin

Could you please be a little more specific, where do you add this;

SELECT ComputerName, softwareName
FROM tblSoftware
WHERE (softwareName LIKE '%Adobe Acrobat%')

for me the version would be UltraEdit 16.xx

I'm not sure about what else to add 🙂
taeratrin
Champion Sweeper
SELECT ComputerName, softwareName
FROM tblSoftware
WHERE (softwareName LIKE '%Adobe Acrobat%')

Modify for your needs.
dbowman
Engaged Sweeper
I just started using this wonderful program but I noticed this problem after a few minutes.
Grouping licenses is a must, otherwise it's impossibile to keep track of upgrades, volume programs, and so on.
I would just create a table where you insert Group Names (ex. MS Office)
Then choose between the discovered licenses the names to be added to this name (like you do now when you select the license to keep track of)
This way all versions of MS Office are considered in the report like one (2000, XP, 2003, 2007...)
Remember that when you buy Volume Licenses you can legally use old versions, so you might have a totale of 100 Office licenses, 10 of which are 2000, 30 are 2007, and so on.
I'm interested in tracking these 100 licenses to see if I'm running out. The detail is good to see how many PCs must be upgraded, but for the legal stuff it's the total that matters.

masterzeb
Engaged Sweeper
Difficult? But without this it makes no sense at all to implement a way to enter licenses?

Anyhow - We really need a way to "normalize" software strings or group them so it makes sense to register license on them. For instance I don't care if it's version 8.0, 8.1 or 8.2 - I just need to group these 3 together somehow and register the license on the group.

As I see it this just requires a tabel which will count on the 3 different software strings and see the number of workstations where the software string is present.
Shouldn't be very difficult - but will be EXTREMELY useful.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
It's difficult to implement these kind of things because there are so much different licensing options available for all kinds of products.
Almost every software is an exception to the rule (if you can find a common rule)