cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwrobo09
Champion Sweeper
I must say I love the new features. The location map is really great. One thing that I am having a problem with is when I click on the map, I would like to see only the asset on the map and not everything. If I am looking for a asset's location and I have a lot of assets mapped, it becomes confusing trying to scan the map for the particular asset I am looking for.

One idea is when you are on the asset page, when clicking on the link for the Asset location, it would only show that asset on that map. Then create a separate location tab with the maps, when clicking on a map it would show all assets on the map. Another option is to highlight or only show the name of the asset I was clicking from on the map, therefor making it easier to find.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Marty
13 REPLIES 13
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
mwrobo09 wrote:
Another thing I have noticed is that the sorting on the drop down when selecting the location map is by last location map and not alphabetical. Is there a way to alter this?

Could you tell us where you select the location map in this case?
mwrobo09
Champion Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
mwrobo09 wrote:
Another thing I have noticed is that the sorting on the drop down when selecting the location map is by last location map and not alphabetical. Is there a way to alter this?

Could you tell us where you select the location map in this case?

It was when you click on to add a device to a location, it would ask you which location and was not in any order. Now I just went and loaded 5031. The list is coming out in alphabetical order now.

I also noticed the device now highlights when clicking through, which is great. It is so nice to see a developer that actually listens to its customers. A few minor things on the map still, the color of the highlight is a dark blue, is there a way to change this to a different color that stands out a little better. Also if a device is overlapping another device, when click on the location link on the device, is there a way to have it come to the front, if there are a lot devices it gets hidden and hard to see.

Another nice option would be a filter on the map page to only show certain device types.

Love the changes, keep up the good work.

mwrobo09
Champion Sweeper
My setup is similar with the fishbowl setup in some of the sites I have. I noticed that locations can be linked so that there is a location above. So as a temporary fix each fishbowl can be made into a separate picture and devices mapped to that pic, which resides on the plant overview. This helps with some of the clutter, but it would be still nice if the device that the link was clicked on would be a different color and come to the top.
RTI_IT
Champion Sweeper
I too am a big fan of this new feature, but would like to see less assets on the map. We have what we call fishbowls all over the plant, and with the current system its hard to stack all the pins accurately.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now