cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sukaitsu
Champion Sweeper
Hello,

Can you please modify a version of the LS Remote Control tool that does not allow you to uncheck the "Ask User For Permission" option. PCI DSS compliant customers cannot use any remote tools that allow for a user to remote in unnoticed.

Thank you,

Jeffrey
Thank you, Jeffrey Smith Enterprise Applications Security (319) 499-6310 JefSmith@geico.com
6 REPLIES 6
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
We made a test build with the latest version of uvnc, please contact us at support@lansweeper.com to test this version.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We really cannot give a release date for this change. All requested changes are discussed with development, but they have so many other things on their plate, certainly with the 6.0 beta going on right now, that I cannot guarantee that this particular request will be a priority.
sukaitsu
Champion Sweeper
Oh of course. I'm asking for a custom version, not for it to be replaced permanently.
Thank you, Jeffrey Smith Enterprise Applications Security (319) 499-6310 JefSmith@geico.com
sukaitsu
Champion Sweeper
It would not take long for your development to do it at all. You have your logo plastered on the front of the application, so you must have source code. They just need to look at the check box object and leave it in a disabled state. Its something that would take less than 5 minutes. This also shouldn't be a wish list, as we are a current customer and this is a support request.

Thank you,

Jeffrey
mcoletta
Engaged Sweeper II
sukaitsu wrote:
It would not take long for your development to do it at all. You have your logo plastered on the front of the application, so you must have source code. They just need to look at the check box object and leave it in a disabled state. Its something that would take less than 5 minutes. This also shouldn't be a wish list, as we are a current customer and this is a support request.

Thank you,

Jeffrey

We're also a current customer. However, unlike Jeffrey, we need the functionality to behave the way it works currently. If you satisfy his request, please do not abandon the current version.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
You can add the /AP (= ask permission) parameter to your lsremote command under Configuration/Asset Pages to ask the target computer for permission, but there's nothing preventing users from quickly unchecking the box as the tool is initiating.

I know a couple of other customers have asked that we somehow prevent this from happening, and that development is aware of the request. I really don't know when development might be able to change this though, or how easy this would be to change considering lsremote is based on UltraVNC. I've moved this to the wish list.