cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dkelly84
Engaged Sweeper
This may be more of a post for the wishlist section, but I'm not sure.

Is there an equivalent of lspush for linux / mac devices? At the moment we have all our servers pushing their details using lspush and a scheduled task, to reduce the amount of passwords we have stored in lansweeper. I'd like to be able to do the same for our mac and linux servers.
22 REPLIES 22
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper 7 includes LsAgent which can be used to scan Linux assets.
andyy
Engaged Sweeper
Wanted to add a "+1" for this feature request. Lansweeper is a powerful tool that is geared toward remotely touching MacOS and Linux machines via SSH. While this is fine for a large percentage of our fleet, ~25% of our 2000 or so endpoints never get scanned because we need a "push" of info instead of a pull that Lansweeper currently employs.

After many years, and seemingly ignored requests for this, I'd like to understand why this is a problem to implement. Wouldn't it simply be a binary/script that would run the same commands that SSH does and uploads that to the service port? (as the Windows binary seems to be)

I do know there are large uses for this in our fleet of MacOS/Linux machines as well as different use cases in the Windows world. (aka laptops, machines on wifi networks that we can't touch, et al.)
Sylvie
Engaged Sweeper III
We have over 400 Linux servers without any global credentials.
We won't jump to Lansweeper if there is no easy way to inventory Linux servers.
jfhallee
Engaged Sweeper III
Prioritise this please! Much needed feature. Thanks!
rlswilliams
Engaged Sweeper
I need LsPush for Linux. We have 40 servers in our network environment. Lansweep needs to stop running away form Linux.
DTCLARK
Engaged Sweeper III
Something tells me that after 4 and a half years And the introduction of the "Help Desk" feature Lansweeper has basically dropped any and all development on their Core product, which was inventory Management. I would not expect a Linux version of lspush, or anything from them anytime soon, if ever.

Read thru the forums, there's thousands of requests for additional features, many as old or older than this request. Shame really that they basically ignore their client base and their core product.....
Facilities
Engaged Sweeper III
Has there been any movement on this?
This is one of the big features missing that will make Lansweeper the complete package.
webbmason
Engaged Sweeper
I'm also waiting on a linux/mac agent.
itgruppen
Engaged Sweeper
Wit hall the BYOCs We are absolutely in need of a local client for both Linux and Mac.