cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sedell
Engaged Sweeper
Just wondering if there were plans to add an LSPush client for Macs? This is going to be a must-have for us very soon.
15 REPLIES 15
mzipperer
Engaged Sweeper III

Another vote from me and my team trying to push programs to Mac and Linux is a pain and I do like Lansweeper a lot but this does seem like a major part missing I do see with the newer 6 version if you set up your macs just right you can get them to show up and with 7 the installer given looks like it will help for future to at least get them in the inventory easier but being able to push Packages to them would solve a log of problems.

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
mzipperer wrote:
Another vote from me and my team trying to push programs to Mac and Linux is a pain and I do like Lansweeper a lot but this does seem like a major part missing I do see with the newer 6 version if you set up your macs just right you can get them to show up and with 7 the installer given looks like it will help for future to at least get them in the inventory easier but being able to push Packages to them would solve a log of problems.

FYI, this specific feature request regarding a scanning agent for Mac, deploying on Macs it something different.

Since the new LsAgent in Lansweeper 7 is able to scan Macs now I'll go ahead and close this feature request.

dmdeakin
Engaged Sweeper
We have been a long time user of LANSweeper and really like the product, however as our Mac and Linux user base grows it is becoming more difficult to justify continuing to use it. Support for non-windows platforms is lacking. I want a comprehensive solution to manage our inventory.

a lspush client for MacOS should be a top priority
support4
Engaged Sweeper
Heres anoher vote from me.
Im screen shotting for audits here..
jfhallee
Engaged Sweeper III
Up the priority of this feature please 🙂 Thanks!
bwhite
Engaged Sweeper
With so many of the reasons this request was considered low priority having been released (Lansweeper 6.0 out, Helpdesk ticket is out), is there is updated information on this becoming a real priority?

Mac are pretty clearly here to stay, and this feels like core feature missing from the product.
arupert
Engaged Sweeper III
Doesn't look like this is ever going to happen. Munki has some useful features for Mac: https://github.com/munki/munki

Ed
Engaged Sweeper III
Update? iOS scanning is a necessity nowadays and this apparently has been on the roadmap for over 3 years.
SteveTempest
Engaged Sweeper
Update on this one would be nice it's been 3 years?