cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gilian
Product Team
Product Team

Hi everyone!

Lansweeper is delighted to announce the availability of its new IT Agent in your Lansweeper Site, now in Preview. Track your hard-to-reach assets using the IT Agent which tracks the details of a single computer running Windows, Linux, or Apple MacOS and sends these directly to your Lansweeper Site.

How to access IT Agent in your Lansweeper Site

1. Open a browser and navigate to https://app.lansweeper.com.
  2. Choose the Lansweeper Site to which you want to link the IT Agent Discovery. 
  3. Go to Scanning > Discovery sources > Download installers/packages > IT Agent Discovery

A brief explanation

• Learn how to install/deploy IT Agent here.
  • After a successful installation, the IT Agent(s) will be shown in your Lansweeper Site in Scanning > Discovery systems.

• To see the asset data, you can open Inventory > All assets (and you can use the search/advanced filter on the top right to filter on the specific assets/installation where IT Agent is running)

Product comparison

Lansweeper Network Discovery vs Lansweeper IT Agent (Portable) Discovery

Topic

Summary

Discover all IT (and later OT) assets in your network

Get all details of the computers you know that have IT Agent Discovery installed and running as a background service or daemon.

Planned, not available yet. Get all details of the computers on which you run IT Agent as a foreground application. Ideal to be included in a logon script

Asset reach

Tracks both the machine running Network Discovery and discovers IT (and later OT) assets remotely

Local computer tracking where the IT Agent Discovery is running

Local computer tracking where the IT Agent Discovery is running

Credentials

Requires credentials to get all asset details remotely

Does not require credentials

Does not require credentials

Network access

Requires specific ports to be open on the assets to discover. See 

Few connectivity requirements. See 

An encryption key from a Lansweeper Network Discovery - Hub component. Either direct access to the hub or a location to store the discovery result file in, for later import.

Request for feedback

It's time for us to let you try and test this new feature. We hope this first version will give you an easy-to-deploy agent-based discovery.

Finally, we're all ears! Your feedback is valuable, and we'd love to hear it.

Feel free to share in the comments or share your logs and screenshots privately to preview@lansweeper.com

Kind regards,

Gilian De Raes
Product Manager | Lansweeper

76 REPLIES 76
avillarreal
Engaged Sweeper III

Already did all those steps... But seems it's leaving something behind... I remove the client... and I can't remove the discovery sources as they are not shown there... remove the entire asset... I clear the registry from the computer too install the client using a fresh code... and registers again... but it still shows that it was added on December... even that it wasn't found before I try to add it back.

Hello @Gilian,

After a few days the computer on the "Discovery sources" appeared and I was able to remove it and clear everything from the computer and add it back with a fresh code... But I saw something that I don't understand why is marked that way:

avillarreal_0-1709053552470.png

Its setting the computer on de default group but with the "Network Visibility Disabled" and still waiting if after a few hours gets refreshed everything on that computer...

Any suggestions? 

Thanks!

@avillarreal 

Groups is still in the works. All IT Agents belong to the same "Default Group" for now. The secondary "Default Group (Network Visibility Disabled)" should remain behind the scenes and will be hidden soon. Once we have groups finished, you'll be able to choose to which group your IT Agent belongs to (to configure for instance the maintenance window or proxy settings in bulk). We're currently investigating an issue with the refresh of the data

avillarreal
Engaged Sweeper III

Hello @Gilian

We are getting the computers marked as the antivirus is disabled, but it appears that there are 6 installations of the antivirus and one enabled...

avillarreal_1-1707930918465.png

We use Cisco AMP but there are several "plugins" on the same installation that may be incorrectly marked as antivirus (Umbrella, Anyconnect VPN, Visibility, etc).

avillarreal_2-1707931039422.png

And the Windows defender is not in use as is replaced by the AMP...

Thanks!

eputz
Engaged Sweeper III

@Gilian - Hi Gilian, we're also seeing issues with AV being incorrectly marked as disabled - example in screenshot below

eputz_0-1708595540997.png

Hi @eputz , thanks for sharing the screenshot.

I've added it to the issue where our development team is already investigating the similar antivirus issue for Cisco Secure Endpoint

eputz
Engaged Sweeper III

Thanks @Gilian  - any update on the Asset Type being incorrectly identified as 'Mobile' rather than Windows? e.g. do we need to be using a newer installer package and if so what will happen for existing deployments as the number of devices classified as Mobile is still growing rather than reducing?

@eputz Not yet, investigations are ongoing.

edit: meanwhile the asset type of remaining Windows assets (mostly from brand Asus) have also been corrected. Can you do a rescan and see if the type has been corrected? The last scan attempt and last succesful dates should be updated (so we know the new asset type could be applied)

Hi @avillarreal ,

Can you send screenshots of the asset detail page with the tabs: "software", "antivirus" and the summary page to preview@lansweeper.com? We'd like to know which of these modules is the core one that is enabled? Secure endpoint? If we know this, we know on which core plugin to focus to indicate whether or not the antivirus is enabled.

avillarreal
Engaged Sweeper III

Hello @Gilian ,

I'm noticing that every time that my computer reboots the Lansweeper Sensor fails as it doesn't connect with the HUB... The option that I saw is to delay the startup of the Sensor process on the services and that seems to work.. 

{"Timestamp":"2024-02-13T01:12:18.8670829-06:00","Level":"Error","TraceId":null,"SpanId":null,"MessageTemplate":{"Text":"Failed to make get call to notification api","Tokens":[{}]},"Properties":{"SourceContext":{"ScalarValueObj":{"ScalarValue":"Lansweeper.Discovery.Hub.Application.Notifications.ApiClient.NotificationApiClient","ScalarValueType":"System.String"}},"MachineName":{"ScalarValueObj":{"ScalarValue":"MXRA-PF3DWCG6","ScalarValueType":"System.String"}},"MemoryUsage":{"ScalarValueObj":{"ScalarValue":56642568,"ScalarValueType":"System.Int64"}}},"Exception":{"Type":"HttpRequestException","Message":"No such host is known. (discovery-gateway.lansweeper.com:443)","StackTrace":" at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectToTcpHostAsync(String , Int32 , HttpRequestMessage , Boolean , CancellationToken )\r\n at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectAsync(HttpRequestMessage , Boolean , CancellationToken )\r\n at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage , Boolean , CancellationToken )\r\n at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.AddHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage )\r\n at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSourceWithCancellation\u00601.WaitWithCancellationAsync(CancellationToken )\r\n at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.GetHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage , Boolean , CancellationToken )\r\n at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithVersionDetectionAndRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage , Boolean , Boolean , CancellationToken )\r\n at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage , Boolean , CancellationToken )\r\n at Microsoft.Extensions.Http.Logging.LoggingHttpMessageHandler.\u003CSendCoreAsync\u003Eg__Core|5_0(HttpRequestMessage , Boolean , CancellationToken )\r\n at Microsoft.Extensions.Http.Logging.LoggingScopeHttpMessageHandler.\u003CSendCoreAsync\u003Eg__Core|5_0(HttpRequestMessage , Boolean , CancellationToken )\r\n at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.\u003CSendAsync\u003Eg__Core|83_0(HttpRequestMessage , HttpCompletionOption , CancellationTokenSource , Boolean , CancellationTokenSource , CancellationToken )\r\n at Lansweeper.Discovery.Hub.Application.Notifications.ApiClient.NotificationApiClient.\u0005.MoveNext()","InnerException":{"Type":"SocketException","Message":"No such host is known.","StackTrace":" at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.System.Threading.Tasks.Sources.IValueTaskSource.GetResult(Int16 )\r\n at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.\u003CConnectAsync\u003Eg__WaitForConnectWithCancellation|277_0(AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs , ValueTask , CancellationToken )\r\n at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectToTcpHostAsync(String , Int32 , HttpRequestMessage , Boolean , CancellationToken )","InnerException":null,"Data":{},"HResult":-2147467259,"Source":"System.Net.Sockets","HelpLink":null},"Data":{},"HResult":-2147467259,"Source":"System.Net.Http","HelpLink":null}}

The other thing that I'm notice is that the computer even after everything seems okay it still said that is not connected to the lansweeper cloud...

Is there a way to check if the computer is sending the updates? because on the console said that it was received the last config almost a week ago...

avillarreal_0-1707839689359.png

Thanks!