cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikeNDF
Engaged Sweeper II
I noticed a feature request to identify the different builds of Windows 10 and the solution being to look into each asset and find the build number in Config>Windows>OS. I feel that this being a viable 'solution' is partially accurate.
The build (or version ie. 1703) number should be a LOT more visible, identifiable and a variable so we can run reports on it. Digging for important information like this is unacceptable IMO.

The build numbers should be just as available as the Service Pack(s) are for windows 7.
1 REPLY 1
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper scan OS build information from the Win32_OperatingSystem WMI class. Since Microsoft does not include the full build number or the build number they use for external communication in the WMI class. Lansweeper does not retrieve it.

You can however add the following registry keys to the custom registry scanning to retrieve the full build numbers:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

Values:
CurrentBuild
ReleaseId

You can find more information about custom registry scanning here: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/18/report-based-on-registry-keys.html

I'll link your topic to the existing feature request to scan the full build number and release ID.