cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zhongjiedong
Engaged Sweeper II
Hey guys,

Had a request to see if we can see the age of batteries with lansweeper. Bit of google fu showed me that someone had a similar question with regards to HP batteries but it seems WMI doesn't store that kind of info (and lansweeper uses WMI to query)

powercfg however produces a report that does list the date of (probably) manufacture of the battery.

Wondering if lansweeper can somehow pull this data out?

Or if there's an alternative if lansweeper can't?
4 REPLIES 4
zhongjiedong
Engaged Sweeper II
Appreciate it all the same, we use SCCM so I might be able to duct tape something together using that...
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
While scanning this information won't be for the near future, you can run powercfg towards a large number of Windows laptop assets using the deployment module.

For instance you could run the command powercfg /batteryreport /output "<filepath>batteryreport.html" to generate a report in the designated filepath on all these assets. There's no easy way to get this information into your Lansweeper database though unfortunately.
zhongjiedong
Engaged Sweeper II
Bump, I know it sounds useless but my boss asked me for this 😞
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
I've moved this topic to the wishlist section of the forum as retrieving battery age is not possible for now within Lansweeper. We've added your feedback to our customer wishlist and have appended the already existing feature request to scan more information from Windows computers. At this moment in time we can't yet guarantee that this feature will be implemented though and we aren't able to provide you with an estimated release date.