cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esr
Champion Sweeper
Let me start by saying I like all the new pretty & capabilities in v5. Looking forward to getting it rolled out.

That said, it would have been nice to know that when we added a new scanning service it intended to update our SQL server to the 5.0 format before that took place so we could have the option to use a 4.x installer and the compatible scanning service.

Yeah, I don't normally live on your forums or website, so it made for an eventful afternoon when the scan service did not install with the usual routine, and took the database with it.

So, you know, maybe just some text in the installer window indicating that the SQL tables will be forceably updated to 5.0 flavor, and no longer be compatible with the v4x web front end or config tool, would have been good....

And the bosses like the spiffy new charts.
cause, you know, bosses like colorful charts

e-
1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
A valid point, one which we had not considered. We'll try to make it clearer in the next installer that you are about to deploy a 5.0 service. The 5.0 service does automatically upgrade the database when it is started.

We'll discuss as well whether the 4.2 installer should be added to the download page again. (For now, it is no longer available on our website.)