1) Event viewer summary
2) Report and alert E-mailing
3) Helpdesk
4) ...
313 REPLIES 313
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bburnside@rochestergauges.com wrote:
1. remote boot (for Wake-on-Lan machines)

A Wake-on-LAN option is already available. You need to click on the network card listed on a computer's webpage under Actions\Network Wake On Lan.

bburnside@rochestergauges.com wrote:
2. Remote registry (saves steps of open regedit, add other computer...)

Are you referring to a custom action to open regedit on the target machine? Such an action is not currently implemented, but we will add it to our customer wish list.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Custom scanning of files or registry keys is currently still required for BitLocker reporting.
DGoodwin
Engaged Sweeper
maweko,
we are scanning the registry for the value Software\Policies\Microsoft\FVE\ 'RequireActiveDirectoryBackup' and then using this for a report:

Select Top 1000000 tblComputers.ComputerUnique As Computer, tblComputers.Username As [Last User], tblComputersystem.Model, tblRegistry.Regkey, tblRegistry.Valuename, tblRegistry.Value As Enabled, tblComputers.Lastseen, tblComputers.Computername From tblComputers Inner Join tblRegistry On tblComputers.Computername = tblRegistry.Computername Inner Join tblComputersystem On tblComputers.Computername = tblComputersystem.Computername Where tblRegistry.Valuename = 'RequireActiveDirectoryBackup'

I'd like to have a more accurate way to tell, but it should get you close.
maweko
Engaged Sweeper
Bitlocker Reporting is still not implemented.
Wasn't it announced for vers 4.2 ??
bpc
Engaged Sweeper
I think I have seen this one mentioned elsewhere in the forums, any update on implementing it?

On the Operating System License Compliance page (default.aspx?item=oslicense), make each listing a hyperlink so you can see the list of computers. I realize this can be done with custom reports, but it sure would be handy to have it right on that page.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bpc wrote:
On the Operating System License Compliance page (default.aspx?item=oslicense), make each listing a hyperlink so you can see the list of computers. I realize this can be done with custom reports, but it sure would be handy to have it right on that page.

This is on our to do list, but we do not yet have a release date for this feature.
adrzu
Engaged Sweeper
1) Search should alsow use wildcards: for example PC name ist "abc-345" and 345 is a unique key, i should be able to find it when i search for it with "345" but i don't.

2) A possibility to compare 2 PCs, to find problems like a wrong Gateway Setting, Driver, etc. (troubleshooting)

3) Up or Down Status, so i see in the list which Devisec are running and which aren't

4) Multiple selection for Devices to run Actions against

5) Hardware Change History

6) Maybe not just a uninstall feature for software but a install feature

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
adrzu wrote:
1) Search should alsow use wildcards: for example PC name ist "abc-345" and 345 is a unique key, i should be able to find it when i search for it with "345" but i don't.

The web console search field currently uses a "begins with" filter, not a "contains" filter.

adrzu wrote:
5) Hardware Change History

Hardware changes can be tracked through the "Changes by type" page in the web console or through the report builder (using tables ending in "hist").
Anonymous
Not applicable
We wish to have tracking of the user that modifies the data of "Custom Fields".
pentel
Engaged Sweeper III
BullGates wrote:
We wish to have tracking of the user that modifies the data of "Custom Fields".

I don't know about version 4, but in 3.5 it is possible to do this programmatically by modifying the source code in the aspx webpages. I'm sure something similar shouldn't be too hard to do in version 4 or 5

I don't remember exactly what I did, but essentially I removed the input for Custom10 so it doesn't get overwritten, and Custom10 gets the name when the "Save" button is pressed then enters it. To get the username you can use HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name assuming there's authentication setup, as opposed to a Request("Custom10") command.