Please make a priority list like this:

1) Event viewer summary
2) Report and alert E-mailing
3) Helpdesk
4) ...
313 REPLIES 313
RC415
Engaged Sweeper
I'd say without a doubt my top priority feature would be granular permissions. At the very least, I'd like it if we could set permissions between domains.
Dcotton
Engaged Sweeper
I would like to see an option for a Remote GPUpdate /force.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Dcotton wrote:

You can probably make a custom action with this using psexec.
mrdaytrade
Engaged Sweeper III
Lansweeper wrote:
Dcotton wrote:

You can probably make a custom action with this using psexec.

cmd.exe /k c:\rgprefresh.exe /m:{computer} /n /sync

I can only get this to run if I have rgprefresh.exe on the administrators c:\ drive. I couldn't get psexec to run it for some reason. I'm assuming because it uses {computer} in its own command. If you rgprefresh.exe /? you can see the parameters.

novasam
Engaged Sweeper III
Add list of attached Scanners, and other devices not already listed.
elledged
Engaged Sweeper
1) Edit System Details (Like Edit Device Details, but for computers).
2) Add performance counter object collection at configurable intervals.
3) Show graphical performance counter collected data history
4) Streamlined web interface
jmeola
Engaged Sweeper
In "Device - Basic Actions" need a parameter {variable} to represent the device by its name so we can pass it as a variable to an action. currently using {ipaddress} but if the device uses DHCP and the IP changes but LanSweeper is not reflecting the new IP, the action will not work or might work against the wrong device.

Thanks... Great product all in all!
miki
Engaged Sweeper
Hi

First of all - congratulations, version 4 is really impressive.

About changes, I have some proposals:

1. Merge OU overviews with single view of users / active computers / not active computers. Current views are nice, but not give you real status.

2. Changes detection. Cool thing, but from my point of view only 3 types are needed: hardware, software and configuration changes.. Now, if I want to check, if somebody changed hardware, I have to go through each computer piece report.
Also in software section, please keep in mind, that we have "classic" software and windows updates. Now both are in the same section, which is little bit confusing.

3. Agent. IMHO, creating system independent agent (booted from USB or CD), can open your application for new market area - for companies (computer shops / service) assemblying computers. They need just hardware inventory + maybe simple helpdesk (but helpdesk was already registered, so I will not mention it).

4. Better printer control (+printout costs)... Most of today's printers are reporting number of printed pages, status, cartridge status - via event viewer or via snmp. This subject is not easy job, but I think possible to integrate in Lansweeper.
Here I know few applications, but they are all designed by local companies, and I need to sign a contract to get this software.

5. Better SNMP scanning and decision model... Example - I have PC with Apache/MySQL installed. the same PC was found in "Computers" and "Devices" (as a web server). I don't know if it's an intended or not (I suppose not, because no IIS server is found here).

6. Detection of potential duplicates... It's enough, if I change computer name, I have a duplicate in Lansweeper. Partially is solved, because computer can be moved automatically to inactive computers, nevertheless such report can give you better view of your hardware park. Compared attributes (with exclusions): UUID, NIC MAC address, AssetTag/ServiceTag.

Once again - congratulations for excellent (and cheap) solution.
stoneriveruser
Engaged Sweeper
Add ability to export the built in License Compliance and OS License Compliance reports to XLS, CSV, and XML.
hdelmec
Engaged Sweeper
I suggest for next release:
- control of registry key for the license. I find more key wrong
- simple helpdesk ticketing
- asset management (the last logon of a user does not mean that the machine has been assigned to him)
- major scan for linux machine
- analize type and number of files ( example space of file pst )
- report with use of application
- export report in pdf format
- create printable reports or exported to PDF list for specific machines automatically and not manually
- report graphics
- server management ( control agent hp or IBM for control of hardware, integrated with relative ILO, DRAC, ... )

Thank you