Please make a priority list like this:

1) Event viewer summary
2) Report and alert E-mailing
3) Helpdesk
4) ...
313 REPLIES 313
liquidtension74
Engaged Sweeper
1. Patch & Power Management using the WOL feature. PXE-boot would need to be enabled.

2. Centralized deployment of computer images

3. Malware detection and removal

4. USB & Port Security

5. Additional features to better serve remote users

I am new to this product to please forgive me if I am suggesting things things already in motion. Thank you.

almor
Engaged Sweeper II
Why to not add the parameter DEVICE/DEVICENAME for device custom action?
Will be very useful, for ex. to reset printer's jobs:
{actionpath}plink.exe root@server cancel -a DEVICENAME

or to check a CUPS page for printer:
http://server:632/printers/DEVICENAME
MHilson1
Engaged Sweeper
I would like to see the mapped drives for each computer to include the full path.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I know, but changing only that will not be enough, all the dashboard data will still be wrong unless you change stored procedures.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
BullGates wrote:
I know, but changing only that will not be enough, all the dashboard data will still be wrong unless you change stored procedures.

All dashboard reports are linked to this view, this is the only one that you need to change.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
web40totalClients is a view.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did some changes http://lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst3507_Software-reports-missing-clients.aspx there some stored procedures to be changed also. I'm missing the web40totalClients stored procedure. I do not want to change everything because when there's an update like this one, every changes I make have implications when upgrading...
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
To do what you want you need to only change view "web40ActiveComputers" to fit your needs.
This view is linked to all other reports.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I really don't like the LS4 concept of considering non-active computers all that are not active. If a computer is in stock, and there is software installed, those licenses are not taken in count. I also manage "custom" states like:
- Rent
- Out of Network
- Process

The new concept kills all these "custom" states, and in past I've questioned this:
http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst1342_Computer-state.aspx

So my simple wish is that I recover back the control of the "active" computers, just like it was on LS3, or that at least I can select the states considered as active.
yannickvr
Engaged Sweeper
A feature that we would like to see is a way to lock down parts of lansweeper for different accounts.

Currently, logging in to the lansweeper web console is secured via IIS, with a username and password only known by people that should. But as we're using Lansweeper for different tasks (primarily License inventory) we'd like to see a feature that allows different users with different security levels.

For example, a user from our Helpdesk should be able to use the web console to offer remote assistance or do other tasks, but a helpdesk user shouldn't be allowed to see how many licenses we have for a specific product.

On the other hand, the user that is responsible for buying licenses, should be able to see how many licenses from a specific product are used, and how much we have, but they shouldn't be allowed to see which users are using the software.

I hope this is clear. The customer I'm working for at the moment just bought new ITSM software, that has Lansweeper integration. It would be awesome if we could use it for our helpdesk personell.