1) Event viewer summary
2) Report and alert E-mailing
3) Helpdesk
4) ...
313 REPLIES 313
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
yannickvr wrote:

I hope this is clear. The customer I'm working for at the moment just bought new ITSM software, that has Lansweeper integration. It would be awesome if we could use it for our helpdesk personell.

Which is the name of this software?
Lansweeper wrote:
yannickvr wrote:

I hope this is clear. The customer I'm working for at the moment just bought new ITSM software, that has Lansweeper integration. It would be awesome if we could use it for our helpdesk personell.

Which is the name of this software?

http://www.clientele-itsm.nl/

I'm not sure about how Clientele works with Lansweeper, as I haven't been part of the selection/test process, I only know that it was on their feature list 🙂
PierreM
Engaged Sweeper III
Whatever feature is added must not come at the expense of responsiveness. This is why we stopped using Spiceworks. It tries to do too many things and runs very slowly. This is why I love your product...It's fast!

If helpdesk is added, it should be as an add-on module that the admin can choose not to install. We already have a helpdesk package and we are not interested in switching.

My priority is as follows:
1. Give the admin the ability to hide software from the list since over 95% of the listed (discovered) software is of no interest to us. By default, all discovered software should not be tracked and/or listed. An admin must manually choose to track and/or list discovered software.
2. Software (including OSes) grouping, cascading would be great. For OSes, grouping should encompass grouping by OS language, 32-bit/64-bit and flavor (Pro vs Ultimate, Standard vs Enterprise) of each OS.
3. Work in a workgroup environment and in such an environment, have the ability to manually fill-in fields such as departments, location, etc.) info that might otherwise be already present in an AD environment.
4. Irrelevant of the listing that is shown, I should be able to click on any computername(link) in the report and see that computer detail information.

Great Product and Support!

Pierre
DGoodwin
Engaged Sweeper
Can you possibly add an auto-refresh to the Dashboard page and maybe an input box below the service status to change the default wait time? (user specified in minutes?)

Makes it easier to glance at the page and know that it is up to date.

I have added the following code to the default.aspx file:

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="600" />
abolus
Engaged Sweeper
1) please add also a scheduling option..
- time schedule to stop and restarts the lansweeper service, because ls services crashes when network antivirus scans the network.... also
- time schedule... not X days... to scan group of PC or OUs or range of IPs in the network
2) please add also to detect if the software is license or pirate copy. if the software licence is not under the name of the company even though it has correct product key then we can assume that the software installed is pirate copy. 3) OEM detection of software is also good so we can track volume license software installed in the network.

thanks
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
We use osTicket ticket tracking system, I chose it because it is opensource and completely customizable. I have already included some integration into LanSweeper. For instance when somebody clicks on a user who has opened a ticket it takes them to lansweeper and show them the their login history to allow us to view the computer that they are having issues with.
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
It would be great to have a way to uninstall software from multiple computers at once.
Both to uninstall all instances of it and/or just on selected computers.
dsousa77
Engaged Sweeper
I´ve haven´t work with lansweeper yet.
But i did a lot of reading on the internet about it.
Lots of good reviews from IT experienced technicians and a very positive topics from Sys Admin.It seems like a very good tool.

The request made in the topic, suggest that this tool should go to a next level.

(ex:SMTP, better dashboard and reporting, Network devices, and helpedesk module)

Be carefull. Generally new features on the softwares are very poor planned and tested.
Core versions should achieve a very mature stage before going to a next level

This is my only request to lansweeper. Achieve a mature stage. Resolve "loose ties" first and do a lot of tests on new features before any new release.

By the way i work with Easyvista ticketing tool (ITIL Framework)
Anonymous
Not applicable
My top priority now is the one I've already requested:
http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst2121_Allocated-hardware-inventory.aspx

It would be great for me to have further hardware inventory in Lansweeper, for instance, we allocate a dock station to an user, or an extra power supply, or for instance we allocate a 3g usb modem, and we have to keep track of these data:

- Model of modem
- IMEI
- SIM
- PUK
- PIN code
- GSM number
- Allocated date
derek_rose
Engaged Sweeper
I think you are working on reports - how about reports that get e-mailed nightly or another frequency with the following:

-New machine discovered
-New Software package/version discovered
-Software compliance out of compliance (i.e. an un-authorized installation)