cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kerry-ann
Engaged Sweeper II
I would like to create a report of all computers within a particular department. Our departments' computer name are segmented in order to quickly see which computer belongs to what department, such as the training department computers would be named MSW-TRD-001, MSW-TRD-002, etc. I would like to get a report of all the "MSW-TRD" computers in Lansweeper. How would I go about generating that report?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RCorbeil
Honored Sweeper II
If it's something you want to do periodically to an existing report, you can just type "MSW-TRD" in the search box at the top of the asset name column. That will filter the report for asset names that contain the text.

If you want to create reports explicitly for those training computers, add a condition to the WHERE clause, e.g.
SELECT Top 1000000
tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried
FROM
tblAssets
INNER JOIN tblAssetCustom ON tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
INNER JOIN tsysAssetTypes ON tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
WHERE
tblAssets.AssetName Like 'MSW-TRD%'
AND tblAssetCustom.State = 1

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kerry-ann
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks for the reply, I was able to get this working yesterday as it seemed that I forgot to place the "%" within my query.
RCorbeil
Honored Sweeper II
If it's something you want to do periodically to an existing report, you can just type "MSW-TRD" in the search box at the top of the asset name column. That will filter the report for asset names that contain the text.

If you want to create reports explicitly for those training computers, add a condition to the WHERE clause, e.g.
SELECT Top 1000000
tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried
FROM
tblAssets
INNER JOIN tblAssetCustom ON tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
INNER JOIN tsysAssetTypes ON tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype