→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
progdlp
Engaged Sweeper
I am wondering if I can import data into the database from another inventory system that we have been using. Is there a particular format and a way to do this?
3 REPLIES 3
progdlp
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you so much for the information. One more question about reporting. Can you access reporting remotely or do you have to use the server? Almost forgot one. I wanted to identify the accuracy of the information. We had an inventory system that we could never use because the fields did not update. I installed 3 versions of office on my computer and it found all three. However when I uninstalled one of them it still shows that I have three. So how do you know if changes are made in regards to removing software or upgrading software.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
One more question about reporting. Can you access reporting remotely or do you have to use the server?

The reports are shown in the web interface so you can access it from where you want.

So how do you know if changes are made in regards to removing software or upgrading software.

Yes, these changes are recorded.
Lansweeper displays the same as found in add/remove programs in control panel.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Easiest way would be to use msaccess and create a "data project" linking to the lansweeper database.
You then have access to all the tables like in a normal msaccess database and can use the import/export functions from msaccess.