cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ProfessorNerdly
Engaged Sweeper II
I am trying to deploy software updates to packages that have that software installed. I can get a report that shows a count of how many installs there are of any specific program, and I can then click that software title name to get the assets that have the program installed, but if I try to so the report based on the assets I get every version of the program that was ever installed on that asset.

One of the biggest culprits is Adobe Reader that I am trying to get up to date. I just need a report I can use to deploy the updates on a schedule...I feel like I am missing something simple.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
You are most likely building a report based on tblSoftwareHist instead of tblSoftware. TblSoftwareHist stores information on software changes that occurred on your client machines, i.e. previously installed software as well. You need to build a report based on tblSoftware. You can actually modify a built-in report:
  • Open the following built-in report in the Reports tab: "Software: List of software by computer".
  • Hit Edit Report on the left.
  • Hit Save As to save a copy of the report under a different name.
  • Add the following to the Criteria column of the tblSoftwareUni.softwareName expression: Like '%name of the software package you would like to report on%'. E.g.: Like '%adobe reader%'
  • Hit Save & Run. You can deploy on this report as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
You are most likely building a report based on tblSoftwareHist instead of tblSoftware. TblSoftwareHist stores information on software changes that occurred on your client machines, i.e. previously installed software as well. You need to build a report based on tblSoftware. You can actually modify a built-in report:
  • Open the following built-in report in the Reports tab: "Software: List of software by computer".
  • Hit Edit Report on the left.
  • Hit Save As to save a copy of the report under a different name.
  • Add the following to the Criteria column of the tblSoftwareUni.softwareName expression: Like '%name of the software package you would like to report on%'. E.g.: Like '%adobe reader%'
  • Hit Save & Run. You can deploy on this report as well.