cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lococola
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi all,

I'm trying to generate a report of all workstations in a domain, the version of MS Office installed, and the product key that was used. For some reason I can't get the product key part in there.

I have made the following query:
Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
tblAssets.Userdomain,
tblAssets.Username,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried,
tblSoftware.softwareVersion,
tblSoftwareUni.softwareName,
tblSoftwareUni.SoftwarePublisher
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
Inner Join tblSoftware On tblAssets.AssetID = tblSoftware.AssetID
Inner Join tblSoftwareUni On tblSoftwareUni.SoftID = tblSoftware.softID
Where (tblSoftwareUni.softwareName Like '%Microsoft Office Standard 2010%' And
tblSoftwareUni.SoftwarePublisher Like 'Microsoft%' And tblAssetCustom.State =
1) Or
(tblSoftwareUni.softwareName Like
'%Microsoft Office Professional Editie 2003%') Or
(tblSoftwareUni.softwareName Like '%Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010%')
Or
(tblSoftwareUni.softwareName Like '%Microsoft Office Standard 2007%') Or
'%Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2003%') Or
'%Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007%') Or
(tblSoftwareUni.softwareName Like '%Microsoft Office Project Standard 2007%')

This seems to work, it lists all the workstations and the office version installed. But I don't know how to get the product key to show up in there.

Alternatively, if I use the preset License: Software license key overview it does show all the keys, but now it shows too many! One workstation can contain up to 4 or 5 product keys. I don't know where those come from, I suspect they may be remnants from older installations. So how can I get only the current product key to be shown?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
There really is no way to link software installations and software serial numbers, as many software publishers use one product name in Add/Remove Programs for the software installation and another in the client machine's registry for the serial number. Matching software installations and serial numbers would be guesswork at best.

We recommend using the following reports, found under Dashboard/Reports/All Reports:
- "Software: List of software by computer", to report on software installations.
- "License: Software licensekey overview", to report on software serial numbers.

Note that scanned data will only be accurate if your machines have recently and successfully been rescanned. You can rescan assets by clicking the Assets link at the top of the web console, ticking the checkboxes in front of the assets and hitting the Rescan button on the left. Wait for the "last seen" dates listed in the Summary tabs of your computer webpages to update.

If an old serial is still listed after rescanning, this key is still present in the client machine's registry. The only way to prevent Lansweeper from reporting on it is to delete the key from the registry. We know that Office keys are often left behind in the registry when you uninstall the software.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lococola
Engaged Sweeper II
Ok, so I guess there is going to be hand-work involved. I'll do a rescan but I think you are on point regarding the old serials being present in the registry.

Thanks!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
There really is no way to link software installations and software serial numbers, as many software publishers use one product name in Add/Remove Programs for the software installation and another in the client machine's registry for the serial number. Matching software installations and serial numbers would be guesswork at best.

We recommend using the following reports, found under Dashboard/Reports/All Reports:
- "Software: List of software by computer", to report on software installations.
- "License: Software licensekey overview", to report on software serial numbers.

Note that scanned data will only be accurate if your machines have recently and successfully been rescanned. You can rescan assets by clicking the Assets link at the top of the web console, ticking the checkboxes in front of the assets and hitting the Rescan button on the left. Wait for the "last seen" dates listed in the Summary tabs of your computer webpages to update.

If an old serial is still listed after rescanning, this key is still present in the client machine's registry. The only way to prevent Lansweeper from reporting on it is to delete the key from the registry. We know that Office keys are often left behind in the registry when you uninstall the software.