cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmorris
Engaged Sweeper II
I'm in over my head on this one, I've been asked to create a report that will tell me which assets with the following versions of Microsoft office are missing the following KB and are vulnerable to petya ransomeware
office pro 2007 / KB3141538
Office 2010 STD / KB3141538
Office 2013 Pro / KB3178710
or has the monthly rollup KB4019264 or KB4012212 installed

So far closest I've come to doing this was a report that showed all assets and which patches were not installed (i.e. each device listed 4 to 6 times) but as soon as I try to tie in Microsoft office to narrow down the results I break the report

1 REPLY 1
David_G
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
On our forum, you can find a report regarding finding vulenrabilities for the WannaCry ransomware, which are basically the same vulnerabilities for the Petya ransomware. This report can be found here and includes the monthly rollup KB's KB4019264 and KB4012212 and a lot of other KBs that for all Windows operating systems that fix the vulnerability.

Additionally, Lansweeper doesn't specifically scan hotfix information of Windows components like Microsoft Office. Lansweeper pulls update/hotfix information from the Win32_QuickFixEngineering WMI class on Windows computers and this class only stores system-wide updates. We would therefore not expect you to find Office or other updates in the tblQuickFixEngineering tables in the Lansweepeer database. Scanning hotfix data for Microsoft Office has been asked by our customers before and is currently on our customer wish list. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with an estimated release date for this.