cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david_chang
Engaged Sweeper II
Looking for a report that will list all of the version of Outlook installed in my environment as well as the specific machine names, IP address and last logged on user.

So far, I do not see anything availalable that offers this info.

Please advise.

thanks!
Dave
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
As software scanning mimics Add/Remove Programs and Add/Remove Programs generally bundles Office components under a "Microsoft Office" header, you would likely not get an accurate report by querying the software tables.

I would recommend scanning the properties of the Outlook executable with custom file scanning instead and reporting on the version numbers that way. General file scanning instructions can be found here. A sample file report that lists the information you are after can be found here. You will need to set up file scanning first and then insert your file name into the report.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
david_chang
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you!!!
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
As software scanning mimics Add/Remove Programs and Add/Remove Programs generally bundles Office components under a "Microsoft Office" header, you would likely not get an accurate report by querying the software tables.

I would recommend scanning the properties of the Outlook executable with custom file scanning instead and reporting on the version numbers that way. General file scanning instructions can be found here. A sample file report that lists the information you are after can be found here. You will need to set up file scanning first and then insert your file name into the report.