cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlesniak
Engaged Sweeper
I should like to create a report that lists the computername and the description for all the computers in a domain that has a given string in the description. Is such a report possible? If so, how do I create it?
I have not created any new reports before so I'm somewhat unskilled.
Any help would be appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
- Open the Report Builder in the Lansweeper configuration console under Reports & Alerts.
- Hit the "New" button to create a new report.
- Paste the following code in the bottom left corner, replacing "YourString" with your requirement for the computer description:

Select tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.ComputerUnique,
tblComputers.Domain, tblComputers.Description
From tblComputers
Where tblComputers.Description Like '%YourString%'
Order By tblComputers.ComputerUnique

- Click Result to see the computers listed. You may also give the report a "View Name" and a "Report Name" and hit "Save" to save the report. You can then double-click on the report to see its results and export options, single-click and hit "Edit" to change the report code.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mlesniak
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for that. However, I don't think that I have access to the configuration console. I think my manager may not have given me permission to use it. I will have to wait until he returns to the office to find out.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
- Open the Report Builder in the Lansweeper configuration console under Reports & Alerts.
- Hit the "New" button to create a new report.
- Paste the following code in the bottom left corner, replacing "YourString" with your requirement for the computer description:

Select tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.ComputerUnique,
tblComputers.Domain, tblComputers.Description
From tblComputers
Where tblComputers.Description Like '%YourString%'
Order By tblComputers.ComputerUnique

- Click Result to see the computers listed. You may also give the report a "View Name" and a "Report Name" and hit "Save" to save the report. You can then double-click on the report to see its results and export options, single-click and hit "Edit" to change the report code.