→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jono
Champion Sweeper II
Hello,

SQL is a weak area for me, so I need some help writing a report. I would like to see a report of all of our printers that have a particular custom field populated, regardless of what's in the field. If that particular custom field is anything but blank, I'd like it to be in the report.

And just for information, how would I write the same report for all assets, not just printers?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jono
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Jono wrote:
I figured out by accident that the printer asset type is type #16. Is there a place where I can find a list of asset types so that I can do similar reports?

You can link tsysAssetTypes to tblAssets on the AssetType field and check AssetTypename in tsysAssetTypes. This will allow you to use the asset type name in the report instead of a code.

It is not currently possible to create clickable URLs in reports.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: from Lansweeper 5.2 onwards, it is possible to add clickable links to reports.
Jono
Champion Sweeper II
Also, it would be very helpful if I could click on each printer's HTTP link right from the report. Is there a way to add a column that would give me that link, rather than clicking on each printer and then clicking the HTTP link to go to its web interface?
Jono
Champion Sweeper II
I have figured it out, but it might be a bit rudimentary.
Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssetCustom.Location,
tblAssetCustom.AssetID,
tblAssets.Assettype,
tblAssetCustom.Custom12 As [Toshiba ID]
From tblAssetCustom
Inner Join tblAssets On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Where tblAssets.Assettype = 16 And tblAssetCustom.Custom12 <> ''
Order By tblAssetCustom.Location

I figured out by accident that the printer asset type is type #16. Is there a place where I can find a list of asset types so that I can do similar reports?

Thanks,
Jono
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Jono wrote:

You can link tsysAssetTypes to tblAssets on the AssetType field and check AssetTypename in tsysAssetTypes. This will allow you to use the asset type name in the report instead of a code.

It is not currently possible to create clickable URLs in reports.