cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
watsonle
Engaged Sweeper

I have about 400 computers in my lab and have been testing the new 5.0 of lansweeper to replace the current spiceworks application that I now use.

The new lansweeper seems to be everthing I need except I need the ability to be notified or be able to determine when warranties are about to expire. When I run the tblwarrantydetails report the report says that "This report has no results"

Most other reports seem to work OK.

I could not find any thread on this issue.

Has anyone been able to run this report with results? I really hope I can make this work and get away from spiceworks.

Thanks!

I just ran an updated report on Spiceworks and it has a 'Warranty days left' option that for scanned devices shows both expired and days left in the report. Where and how do I get this informaiton in Lansweeper verison 5.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Warranty information is retrieved online. Could you please run the report below to see if there are any warranty scanning errors. You can also rescan warranties by hitting the Rescan All Asset Warranties Now button under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Server Options.
Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.Firstseen,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried,
tblAssets.Lasttriggered,
tblAssets.LastActiveScan,
tblAssets.LastScheduled,
tblAssets.LastIPScan,
tblAssets.LastLsPush,
tblAssets.LastSaved,
tblAssets.Scanserver,
tblAssets.ServiceVersion,
tblAssets.LsPushVersion,
tblWarranty.WarrantyId,
tblWarranty.LastWarrantyTry,
tblWarranty.LastWarrantySuccess,
tblWarranty.PurchaseCountry,
tblWarranty.ShipDate,
tblWarranty.ForceUpdate,
tblWarranty.Error
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblWarranty On tblAssets.AssetID = tblWarranty.AssetId
Where tblAssets.Assettype = -1
Order By tblAssets.AssetUnique

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: from Lansweeper 5.2 onwards, a detailed database dictionary is available that explains what each table and field stores.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Detailed database documentation is not currently available. Tables have been given descriptive names to help you identify the data contained within. If you are having trouble locating a specific field, please let us know.
watsonle
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for the update. We use a proxy server to access the internet so when I setup the proxy address then the warranty information as well as your custom report worked as expected. When you said the warranty information was collected on line it all made sense.

Is there any any documentation to help with report building? For example it took me some time to find out where I could add the serial number into the report. I finally found it in custom assets. Is there a document or list of report variables and which table they are in?

Thanks!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Warranty information is retrieved online. Could you please run the report below to see if there are any warranty scanning errors. You can also rescan warranties by hitting the Rescan All Asset Warranties Now button under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Server Options.
Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.Firstseen,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried,
tblAssets.Lasttriggered,
tblAssets.LastActiveScan,
tblAssets.LastScheduled,
tblAssets.LastIPScan,
tblAssets.LastLsPush,
tblAssets.LastSaved,