cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexKrietsch
Engaged Sweeper II

Lansweeper published this great report template that checks your Windows assets for Windows 11 compatibility. 
Windows 11 Requirements Audit - Lansweeper IT Asset Management

However, there is a flaw in this report in that it is marking an asset as failing the "Disk Space > 64 GB" if it detects that there is less than 64 GB of available free space. The actual Windows 11 requirement is that the disk be 64 GB or larger, and the amount of free space you need is highly dependent on several factors.

Whoever built this report decided to check for free space instead, so that means we have several workstations that are marked as failing the compatibility check when they would otherwise update to Windows 11 just fine. For example, a workstation with a 256 GB drive with 60 GB available free space. Obviously available disk space can be a worry in certain situations, but marking machines that have 30,40,50, or 60 GB of free space as incompatible doesn't seem to be the way to go. 

Is there a version of this report that looks at the disk size instead? Or can anyone provide an edited version that does so? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Thanks for the feedback! I've updated the report to ensure it looks at disk capacity instead of free space. I also added free space as one of the columns as I think it's still useful info to have.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

Hi Esben, I am a long-time LanSweeper user/enthusiast, and I'm using it almost daily. Our database has been in place since version 1 and therefore has seen many migrations/updates. My problem: For some reason I cannot import the Win11 readiness audit report code. When I import in the online query-editor and try to save or save-and-run I get the deadly donut. When I import it using the editor in MS-SQL-server I get all kinds of binding errors (like "The multipart identifier 'tblProcessor.Name' could not be bound", and similar errors for other fields). I've edited the SQL code to insert "dbo." in front of the fieldnames in the error report (so that it now reads 'dbo.tblProcessor.Name'), and then the volume of errors decreases but never reaches zero. So, I cannot save the report code. Any idea what's wrong? I definitely want to use this very valuable report...

Found the cause of the problem I reported! This query is too complex for the SQL Designer I always use. It is a bug in the designer that causes the binding errors upon validation of the SQL code. When I use pure SQL to create the view "script view as -> create to --> new query editor window" then creation of the view runs without a hitch....

Also, there is a scan for the registry setting in  "%SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SecureBoot\State\UEFISecureBootEnabled" which was not scanned by default in our implementation, which caused 95% of all PCs to be not Win11 compatible. Now that the reg-key has been added to the scanning scheme I can see the volume of compatible PCs growing. Maybe this is also the case with others? Check your scanning setup guys!

The error would indicate that the report is trying to call on a DB table that doesn't exist, which shouldn't happen (unless you have custom database modifications).

Its probably best you contact our support team with screenshots etc so they can actually take a closer look and request data from you check what is causing the errors. I can't really do that via the forum 🙂 

Thank you for the update! Fixed my issue.

Esben_D... Does the processor list need to be updated as well or is this something we need to change? 

I have a bunch of 13 Gen i7s that are showing failed. 

LanSweeper.jpg

Just use the sql file I posted above, the report from lansweeper is outdated af 🙂

That would also need to be updated... Its all manual matching unfortunately. The main issue is that it looks like Intel decided to change their naming structure.... I never anticipated they would start over with their numbering...

In theory, 13th gen CPU names should be something like 13550U for example.

To keep it simple I'll just add a condition to the report that any CPU with "13th gen" is seen as good

I was going to start a new post, but I thought I would ask here first.  I would like to add a Laptop/Desktop column to this report after the model. Could you point me in the right direction? Every time I try to copy and modify a report I end up breaking it. 

Its would be similar to this:

Case
When tblComputersystem.Domainrole > 1 Then 'Server'
Else 'Workstation'
End As [Workstation/Server],

but you'd have to adjust it and have it be something like if the battery field is not null then 'laptop' else 'desktop'. There is a laptop battery field somewhere, just don't have it in front of my right now. Obviously, you'd have to join the table that contains the field to tblassets as well, but there are many example like that in the report already.

Thank you sir! Your work is very much appreciated!