cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cfunderburg
Engaged Sweeper
All, I'm having a problem with my Lansweeper installation. Everything works fine when I log into a machine as an administrator. When users login to their computers, the database is not being populated with their information. While troubleshooting, I manually launched lsclient.exe on a computer logged in as a user from a command prompt. I recieve an "Access Denied" message. When I do the same thing while logged in as an admin, everything works and the machine is added to the database.

Any idea what is causing this?
16 REPLIES 16
cfunderburg
Engaged Sweeper
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you post a screenshot and blank out the server name or something or send it as a private message?
The "access denied" points to an error where your user doesn't have access to run lsclient.exe from the file share
cfunderburg
Engaged Sweeper
Yes, I copied the lsclient.exe file to the netlogon folder of my server. The file is running, and it's the client returning the access denied message. I don't feel comfortable giving out my server name on a public forum, but the path to the server is not the problem.

The client is being launched as part of a login script (login.bat). This same script maps network drives for users as well.
ejensen
Engaged Sweeper III
can the user run anything from that network path?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Did you copy the lsclient to the netlogon folder of your domain controller?
What is the name of your domain controller?
cfunderburg
Engaged Sweeper
I'll see what I can do to add a screenshot, but the access denied message occurs at DOS prompt. If I manually launch lsclient.exe from the login server at a command prompt (\\myserver\netlogon\lsclient.exe) the program produces the "Access Denied" message.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you post an error message or screenshot about this acces denied message please.