cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mcasim
Engaged Sweeper II
Dear Susan.A (and all the Lansweeper Admins),

I am Harry and I'm having the same problem and i get the following error from many computers, when i try to push an installation.
The message is :
Initialization Failed! Task Registering Error. Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) Credential: (.\it-support). ShareCredential: (Domain name\Username).

I have the latest version of Lansweeper installed.

Could someone please help me in this.
Some computers are able to get the installation of a program (TeamViewer 6), but others show this error message.
I have also used the .\Administrator account and i have the same issues especially with Windows 7 Pro.
But i only use one Username/Password at the time.

When i use the Lansweeper Connection Tester i get the following errors.
These errors occur in Windows 7 Professional, joined to our 2003 R2 domain Server.
I have also tried to reboot (and shutdown) the computer with no luck.

Checking C$ Access
Connection Failure. Error: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again

Checking Task Scheduler
Could not register task Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
Task did not run successfully.

If anyone had the same issue as i do, and found a solution, please let me know.

Thank you for your time.
Best regards,
Harry.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mcasim
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello Susan !

I have finally found out why i was getting also the :
Checking Task Scheduler
Could not register task Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

When i was running the Lansweeper ConnectionTester.

The problem had to do with the Security that the Administrators had for the folder C:\Windows\Tasks
In the Target(client) computer, i run the following commands:
cd windows
CACLS TASKS /E /G builtin\administrators:F

The above give the Access to the Administrators to create tasks. Before that i only had read-list access.

The same can be done through Computer Policy in a Domain 2003 (i haven't tried it on 2008 or 2012 yet)
In the Group Policy Editor go to the Main Policy (or to the policy that is applied to computers) and from there :
Computer Configuration --> Windows Settings --> Security Settings --> File System --> %SystemRoot%\Tasks

From there, if they are not clicked already, click the
Configure this file or folder then
Replace existing permisions on all subfolders and files with inheritable permissions.

Then Click on the
Edit Security Click on the Administrators and give full control --> Apply --> Ok --> Apply --> Ok.

After doing the above, i was able to install-update programs to all the computers of the company.

I hope this helps, some other people having the same issue, that i had.

Best Regards,
Harry.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Mcasim
Engaged Sweeper II
Dear Daniel,

Thank you very much for your support.

I have checked the admin shares using the fsmgmt.msc but there was noone logged.

This morning after scanning one of the computers again i found out that I get the error with the Task Scheduler.
The Task Scheduler service is running on all computers that are giving me these errors
I still receive the error below:
Checking Task Scheduler

Any ideas ?

Thank you for your time .
Best regards,
Harry.

Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
I created a new topic for your question because it was not directly related to the topic you posted it under.

This error indicates that you are opening the admin share on that specific target computer from another place as well. If possible, could you log on to that machine and close other share connections to the admin share (you can check open connections in fsmgmt.msc).

Also ensure that task scheduler service is running on that machine.

All requirements for software deployment can be found in this KB article.