cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahcomput
Engaged Sweeper
I am trying to scan AD and have it report all the users. I am scanning one OU and the results show 8 users when in fact there are 17 inside of the OU.

Anything I can check to resolve this?
10 REPLIES 10
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
We will consider this issue resolved, as we have not heard back from you.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you do the following to help us troubleshoot:
• Stop the Lansweeper service.
• Delete the Errorlog.txt file found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service.
• In the Lansweeperservice.exe.config file set debug to “1”. You can find this file in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service.
• Restart the Lansweeper service.
• Hit the Scan Now button in the Domain User Scanning section of Configuration\Scanning Setup\Scanning Methods and wait for a few hours.

Contact support@lansweeper.com afterwards and provide us with:
• New screenshot of the Domain User Scanning section of Configuration\Scanning Setup\Scanning Methods.
• New screenshot of the problem OU within Lansweeper.
• New copy of Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt.
ahcomput
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for the reply.

I removed the spaces and initated another scan and the issue persists.

Errorlog.txt doesn't show the error, "Server names cannot contain a space character" that we saw yesterday before remvoing spaces from query. The only entry in errorlog is the start of the service from this morning.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Problem resolved through email. There were spaces in the OUs submitted for Domain User Scanning, which are not allowed.
ahcomput
Engaged Sweeper
sent info as requested. thanks for the help
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
User OU scans won't show up in your scanning queue. Could you contact support@lansweeper.com and provide us with:
- Link to this forum thread.
- Screenshot of the Domain User Scanning section of Configuration/Scanning Setup/Scanning Methods.
- Screenshot of the user OU within Lansweeper.
- Screenshot of the same user OU within Active Directory.
- Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
ahcomput
Engaged Sweeper
I do have OUs for domain user scanning in config/scanning/setup/scanning method.
When I initiate a scan, I receive message that it is in the scanning queue. When I go to scanning queue, I don't see any reference to OU's being scanned.

I just unticked Active Scanning, and chose scan now under domain user scanning and again was told "Target added to scanning queue", but nothing shows in scanning queue and results are still incomplete.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Are you sure you submitted your user OUs for Domain User Scanning, under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Scanning Methods?

Note that, if you submit OUs for Active Scanning (a computer scanning method), Lansweeper will only report on users that are found to be logged onto a computer during a computer scan.
ahcomput
Engaged Sweeper
Yes