→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BUSD
Engaged Sweeper
I browsed the forums but didn't see an answer, though I found a few users that have the same problem...

Active scan hasn't fully worked in the year I've been using Lansweeper. After a fresh install of 3.5.2, I've let it run for a full week now.

It seems that not all servers are being discovered via Active Scan in each domain. Lansweeper is not seeing the servers in 7 of our 21 domains and only about a third of our total workstations are showing up (~1400 out of ~4000). No red objects/WMI/RPC erorrs, just not seen at all. The servers are domain controllers so I know they're on and functioning.

If I go to one of the servers and run lsclient, it scans and shows up in the database.

In the config util, I have confirmed that my domains are added and using the default service credentials (Enterprise Admin rights) with no OU filtering. I looked in ErrorLog.txt and see nothing specific to any of the servers not showing up (lots of errors for DISPLAYCONTRCONF on various workstations, though). DNS entries checked, all is good for the A records for the missing servers.

Pretty much, Active Scan is just hit or miss. It sees some servers/workstations, and ignores others. Are we just too big of an organization for Lansweeper to handle? Lansweeper will take up a ton of CPU utilization when doing scans and SQL server is taking up about 1.3GB of memory at the moment (server has 4GB total).

Any ideas would help. Lansweeper is amazing. But I need Active Scanning working!

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
BUSD
Engaged Sweeper
Just thought I'd update this thread to show what was discovered.

After the incredible help of Geert (TYVM!) he was able to help me figure out the problem. I discovered as I was fact finding for him that computers were showing up and disappearing later on. Turns out that, due to the fact that we have computers named the exact same name in different domains, the current version of Lansweeper cannot differentiate them.

According to Geert, the new version will be able to. Until that is released, computers records with the same name will be overwritten continuously as they are scanned.

Thanks again for the prompt support Geert! Hope the new version will be released soon!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you send me your errorlog.txt file please. (lansweeper@hemoco.com)