cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
In the past there was an utility called lstrigger that could be used to trigger the scan of a computer. I was trying to use it to scan assets but it does not work. Is it possible to modify the utility to scan printers or assets?

I'm still struggling because of the DHCP enabled printers, it's quite difficult to add more than 200 printers in a manual way, as I can't scan all the network. I've found a workaround for populating the right IP address according to its DNS, but I still need to add the printers.

Or if you explain me how you do it in the SQL side, I can program it myself.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just another question, if I had a printer manually (identified as printer) will it be possible to scan it later in version 5.1?

Thanks,
Paulo
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
BullGates wrote:
Just another question, if I had a printer manually (identified as printer) will it be possible to scan it later in version 5.1?

We're not sure yet whether this feature will be included in 5.1, but it is on our wish list.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
BullGates wrote:
In the past there was an utility called lstrigger that could be used to trigger the scan of a computer. I was trying to use it to scan assets but it does not work. Is it possible to modify the utility to scan printers or assets?

LsTrigger is only provided for backward compatibility and should no longer be used. It has the same functionality as hitting the Rescan Asset button on an asset's Lansweeper webpage.

BullGates wrote:
I'm still struggling because of the DHCP enabled printers, it's quite difficult to add more than 200 printers in a manual way, as I can't scan all the network.

There will be a workaround for this in Lansweeper 5.1. You will be able to scan devices based on DNS name as well as IP address. We do not yet have a release date for Lansweeper 5.1.