→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebaako
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,
I'm having trouble adding a custom field... more of a "I don't know how to add one". We are about to purchase a premium version and I have to figure out how to add a field to enter ASSET TAGS. I can't find the "add tab" on the Configuration > Computers page. I have the it-extrainfo.aspx open and can see the "custom1" section; i just can't figure out how to get it to show.

Could someone please provide a step-by-step guide?

15 REPLIES 15
ebaako
Engaged Sweeper
pentel wrote:
Hello,

Please take a look at the following topic, it renames a custom field but does not add one : http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst2697_Lansweeper-Custom-Fields-question.aspx

Thanks pentel, I already saw that. After upgrading to 4.0, I am able to edit the custom field to "ASSET TAG" (which is a 4-digit number we assign to the computers. In most cases, it is the last part of the computer name: ex GA-PC-####)

Can I get the scanner to pick that up into computers table? Or how do I create that table and edit it?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
ebaako wrote:
Can I get the scanner to pick that up into computers table? Or how do I create that table and edit it?

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do.
ebaako
Engaged Sweeper
Will upgrade to the 4.0 demo and give it a try. Thanks for the quick response.
I'll keep you posted.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Sorry, changing of the custom fields display names is only used from version 4.0
ebaako
Engaged Sweeper
I forgot to mention that I'm using ver. 3.5.2 and can't see the custom fields
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can use any of the 10 custom fields available.
To change the display name of the field you can open the configuration tool/configuration/custom fields/computer custom fields