cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarmo
Engaged Sweeper III
I emailed about the SQL script to upgrade from one version of the beta to the next (2/18 to 3/2) and received my instructions. I followed the instructions and everything seemed to work as planned. After the database upgrade I installed the newest beta version (service and website only). Upon opening the website for the first time I see that the dashboard items have multiplied. Some are there twice, others are repeated 4 times. I also noticed that when I clicked on the domain link to view all the PCs in my domain, the page just displayed a lot of SQL code. Well, I decide to restart all services to see if that makes a difference. I stopped the SQL database, stopped the website, and then stopped the lansweeper service. Then I started the SQL database, the lansweeper service and the website respectively. After this, I still had the multiple dashboard items, but everything else seems to be working fine.
So I go into the configuration tool and noticed in the Dashboard Configuration under Reports & Alerts every item is listed 2 times. So I delete all the duplicates under "Priority 1" and one duplicate under "Priority 2". I left all other duplicates there to see if this worked.
Well, it kind of worked. All of the entries in those two groups on the webpage Dashboard are now repeated twice, not four times. I have tried restarting the database/website/service but had no further luck.
I would just like to see if I can get the Dashboard items to only show up once. I have screenshots of what it looks like, it was kind of hard to explain.
Let me know if you need more information.
2 REPLIES 2
sarmo
Engaged Sweeper III
Oh, I assumed when the email said run the upgrade script (and there wasn't one in the email), they were talking about the script that is located at "X:\Program Files\Lansweeper\SQL script\upgradescript.sql"
I guess that it doesn't pay to assume things (which I already knew) 🙂 . I should've asked. At least I backed up the SQL database before the upgrade so I can uninstall 3/2, reinstall the 2/18 version, restore the database, and then try the upgrade script again. I will reply to the support email and see that the script gets attached. Sorry for the inconvenience! Thanks for the help too.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Hi,

I just checked our e-mail box and it looks like the mail was send without the upgrade script (upgradebeta.sql)
So i'm not sure what you used.