cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KDavis
Engaged Sweeper II
I am having issues with getting BlueScreenView to pulling the dumps from the remote machine. It currently only searches my machine.

Action: {actionpath}BlueScreenView.exe scan \\{computer}

I am not sure what switches are needed but the "scan \\{computer} or {smartname}" doesn't work.

Any thoughts or ideas to get this working properly?

-Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tomas
Engaged Sweeper III
I find BlueScreenView very usefull. But the Parameters you show here dont exist afaik.

This is how I use it. I highly doubt the other versions will work

{actionpath}BlueScreenView.exe /LoadFrom 1 /MiniDumpFolder "\\{smartname}\c$\Windows\MiniDump"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KDavis
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks Tomas this method is exactly what I was looking for!
Tomas
Engaged Sweeper III
I find BlueScreenView very usefull. But the Parameters you show here dont exist afaik.

This is how I use it. I highly doubt the other versions will work

{actionpath}BlueScreenView.exe /LoadFrom 1 /MiniDumpFolder "\\{smartname}\c$\Windows\MiniDump"
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
In that case you can use the parameter {ipaddress}
wilkie1984
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi there,

I am trying to setup a number of Actions just now but we have a problem with DNS and when we search for the computer using the \\computername\ it cant find it but when we look for it using the IP address it can find it. How can i change the following actions so it loads up using the IP address of the computer and not the smartname?

{actionpath}BlueScreenView.exe scan \\{smartname}
KDavis
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks for the info. I will search to find something equivalent that can be used as an action.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Looking through the bluescreenview website, there doesn't seem to be a parameter available for remotely running the tool unfortunately. That's a base requirement for an executable to be able to be used as an action.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now