Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SH
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I tried to download the newest version an get following message from our proxy

----
Virus was detected in the content (virus_detected)

Content contained "PUS:RemoteAdmin.Win32.WinVNC.sm" virus. Details: Virus: PUS:RemoteAdmin.Win32.WinVNC.sm; File: Lansweeper.exe; Sub File: Memory region//data0016//UPX//data0088.res; Vendor: Kaspersky Labs; Engine error code: 0x00010000; Engine version: 8.1.8.79; Pattern version: 120820.021500.7850696; Pattern date: 2012.08.20 02:15:00

For assistance, contact your network support team.
----

Maybe possible that you contact kaspersky that they modify there virus definition?
12 REPLIES 12
SH
Engaged Sweeper
Yep it's working now. Thx for your help.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
We went ahead and created another installer. Could you try this installer instead. It will try downloading the premium tools separately.
SH
Engaged Sweeper
Ok then I have a problem since our policies doesnt allow me to download Lansweeper then (exclude scanning on server or disabling of the AV solution)
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
SH wrote:
Ok then I have a problem since our policies doesnt allow me to download Lansweeper then (exclude scanning on server or disabling of the AV solution)

Could you contact us at support@lansweeper.com. We will get a custom installer and download link ready for you.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
We're keeping an eye on this and will continue to contact Trend Micro regarding the false positive. Kaspersky and Emsisoft likely won't remove the warnings for the Remote Control tool however, as they see remote administration tools as potential security risks.
SH
Engaged Sweeper
Still the same isue but I'm to lazy to check if there are some new AV solution which might think that your software is evil
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
We have contacted the specified software publishers again.
SH
Engaged Sweeper
Still the same message but now there 3 AV which claim it would be a virus (even thought I dont know Emsisoft)

https://www.virustotal.com/file/25675b992ca8d38268aac13e9d4a4e79462b22321a315f832635de596cf206d1/analysis/1346325132/
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
We contacted Kaspersky, but have not heard back yet. We've now also contacted Trend Micro.