cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhorn
Engaged Sweeper
I am running the most current 4.0 release of Lansweeper. I have everything all setup and working but I would like to require authentication on the web console. I installed this on a Windows Server 2008 server with the built-in webserver. My understanding from other forum posts is that authentication is not possible with the built-in webserver.

If that is the case, is there any easy way to maintain my configuration and migrate to IIS from the built-in webserver. Also, I am running the built in 2008 SQL Express database in case that makes any difference.

In a worse case senario, I can just blow away the whole install and redo it but I am trying to avoid that if possible.
2 REPLIES 2
mhorn
Engaged Sweeper
Thank You! That worked like a charm. I installed the IIS role on my Windows Server 2008 server with Windows Authentication selected first. Then I re-ran the setup (New Installation) with only the Web Service option checked. After the conversion to the IIS webserver I was able to follow the instructions to enable authentication for the Web Console.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Do a new installation, select only the website (leave the other boxes unchecked)
Select IIS to install the new website, this will preserve all changes.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now