cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjohnson
Engaged Sweeper
I am now running 4.1 beta, hoping that it would address some issues I've been having with Lansweeper since the very beginning. It is running on 2008 R2 Server with SQL 2008 R2, with all Windows updates and suggested hotfixes around the forums here. It is also running Symantec Endpoint Protection latest version. This is a virtual server running on VMware ESX 4, with 4GB RAM allocated, 2 CPUs, and as much CPU as ESX is able to give it.

The problem is that almost every morning between 1am and 8am the server reboots. In the event viewer, there are hundreds and hundreds of DCOM errors (I guess from trying to contact machines that don't exist?) and then a fatal RPC crash which initiates the server reboot.

The other issue is that the Lansweeper service is constantly using 90-100% CPU and this has an impact on the VMware farm. Currently this Lansweeper server is consuming about 5GHz of CPU, most of that used by the Lansweeper service.

This happens in the latest 4.1 beta too. Lansweeper is the server's primary function but it does have some other apps running on it - specifically EMCO Remote Shutdown and ESET Remote Administrator Server.

I am a premium customer - help!
12 REPLIES 12
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is the cpu caused by the lansweeperservice.exe process or by the sql server?
Do you have the same high cpu if you disable ip scanning?
sjohnson
Engaged Sweeper
This is a production server so I would rather not install a beta SP on it. I've lowered the IP scanning threads to 2, and the computer scanning threads to 12. The CPU still runs between 70-100%. I would rather not allocate additional virtual CPUs to this server because there are other resource hungry servers on the host. Please let me know what else I can try?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If this is a test machine, could you try installing service pack 1 (beta) for windows 2008 R2.

You can lower the IP scanning threads, they take the most cpu.
Changing the virtual processors to 4 can also make a performance impact, memory is not that important.